IGNORED

Problem with HiFace stuck in mute under Mac OSX

This also sent to Marc of M2Tech.

I just received your product a few hours ago. It was working for a bit but stopped working after one of the restarts.

Upon investigation it seems the HiFace is sending signal to the DAC, but the volume of HiFace is stuck in mute. It would not let me adjust the volume because it is grayed out. (See attached picture)

How do I make it work?

System is Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard.

Thanks

?

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

Actually my bad. The volume control is meant to be grayed out (I guess).

It is giving out sound now. It turned out that I had a problem with the system giving out sound, and I thought it was due to the HiFace volume at 0.

It was solved after a reboot.

** BTW, another problem I have is if I remove the HiFace USB while the system is on, I get an error asking me turn off the machine.

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

I wonder if the "kernal panic" is solvable. I used to pull out my Firewire to the Weiss DAC al the time and there was never any "panic".

I guess USB is just less reliable.