Sign in to follow this  
twist222

Is anyone using a ULN8 as an active crossover ?

Rate this topic

I just implemented a 2.1 electronic crossover with both Turntable and DAW inputs plus an RIAA curve at 24/192 on my ULN8. So I am not sure what you ran into.

I did use 94% of my DSP capacity to do this but it does seem to work fine.

BTW at 96/24 it only uses 42%.

Steve

I emailed my 2.1 console to Amarra customer support, they checked the console and concurred that the 305 was out of processing power.

I have to say I was surprised to hear that, I also know that this experience is not universal.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

Steve, thank you.

I believe Keith @ Purite has your email, so I will get it from him and send over the console.

Regards

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

Are you using Sonic Studio's proprietary plugin called SonicEQ? If so, try replacing SonicEQ with MIOEq.

Mac Mini (2012 i7) > HQPlayer or Audirvana > exaSound e32 > Parasound JC-1 > Thiel 3.7

Arthur,

Visited your blog today. I thoroughly enjoyed the write-up on your system. I was and remain very impressed. Very well organized, very thorough and very helpful. I was curious where you obtained your amp cases. I also noticed that a couple of sections remain to be completed. Are you planning on doing so? Again, thank you for sharing.

Thank you for the links on the amplifier chassis.

I am still amazed at the careful thought, planning, development and integration of your system. Well done.