IGNORED

Foobar 2000 and AIFF

Audio_ELF

Hi ...

Does anyone know - is there anyway to get Foobar 2000 to read AIFF tags? If not, does any other Windows playback software read AIFF tags?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

All the latest versions of J.River MC14 do read AIFF with Tags and Album Art und do also read Wave Files with the broadcast extension so also Wave with Tags and Album Art and does also read FLAC with Tags and Album Art. Only ALAC is still in progress with J.River, so with ALAC, Foobar with the ALAC Plug-In will do a better job.

Juergen

Eloise, and I couldn't find anything either :(

I have to say that I have the very same problem with Foobar's handling of wav files. I know tagging, as such, is out anyway, but it seems that any kind of library management is simply not there with uncompressed files.

I've just accepted that either I write something myself or put up with doing everything manually from the music folder. The latter option is comfortably within my skill set! ;)

Juergen ... thanks for the suggestion of J.River - my problem is the majority of my files ARE Apple Lossless not AIFF

BobH ... that was my conclusion following a root and a google.

Looks like I'm going to be sticking with iTunes - only casual use of Windows anyway so it's not a big problem.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.