IGNORED

HOW DOES A PERFECT DAC ANALOG SIGNAL LOOK DIFFERENT THAN A CHEAP DAC

On 10/31/2017 at 3:41 PM, GUTB said:

Awaiting the Nelson Pass amp kit.

He used to sell them. A single ended transistor amp, a pre amp, and a couple phono stages. 

All designed by Wayne and the boards and instructions from Nelson. 

The phono was the Pearl. The amp was a Zen. I forget what the preamp was called. 

These were kits, not the First Watt products.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

3 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

I could EASILY see paying $10K for high end component much more than i could see paying more than a dollar for a fuse.

BM,

I pick up medium blo ceramic fuses locally. I think they are most likely better than the 100 dollar type. Will never know. 

The ceramic are available in fast, medium, and slo blow versions. Plus different size packages. 

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer.