IGNORED

What do I need?

I want to stream WAV/FLAC rips from my NAS to my DAC and also to stream Tidal. I do not want to use a separate server.

I have a Synology NAS and an iPad. I presume any of the Sonore products will be suitable, but what will I need to install on the NAS and what will I need to install on the iPad to have it all work and control it?

TIA.

One solution:

1) Install Minimserver on your Synology NAS

2) put xRendu (micro or ultra) or Allo USBBridge or SotM streamer into DLNA mode, connected via etherent to same LAN as NAS

3) Install a DLNA control app on your iPad that streams Tidal, like mConnect (or further install BubbleUPnP server on Synology, through the Synology web "packages" interface, making your conrol point choices OpenHome capable, and then choose Linn's Kazoo).

5 hours ago, ted_b said:

One solution:

1) Install Minimserver on your Synology NAS

2) put xRendu (micro or ultra) or Allo USBBridge or SotM streamer into DLNA mode, connected via etherent to same LAN as NAS

3) Install a DLNA control app on your iPad that streams Tidal, like mConnect (or further install BubbleUPnP server on Synology, through the Synology web "packages" interface, making your conrol point choices OpenHome capable, and then choose Linn's Kazoo).

Thank you Ted, that's great. I already have MinimServer installed on my NAS, so will put Kazoo on my iPad then I am good to go.

Many Thanks.

1 minute ago, ted_b said:

Just remember that Kazoo is OH (openhome) so install bubble server on the synology or microRendu and then config for kazoo

I have yet to get Kazoo on iPad to recognize the micro Rendu running BubbleUPnP Server.  It works if I install BubbleUPnP Server on my Windows 10 machine.  Lumin works sometimes with BubbleUPnP Server on the microRendu, but my OpenHome instance keeps disappearing and reappearing unpredictably.  What I mean is that the Qobuz and TIDAL icons in Lumin disappear, and when I look at sonicorbiter.com I discover that Apps ==> BubbleUPnP Server ==> Media Renderers no longer lists the OpenHome microRendu.  Some time later, without doing anything, the OpenHome microRendu magically reappears.

I have asked @vortecjr for help resolving this problem.  The microRendu is great, but by making SonicOrbiter so easy to use I am totally reliant on Sonore for troubleshooting.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

So George should install it on the Synology then (although I've had no issues with its install on the microRendu as long as the post install copy config is completed). The Synology install is made easy due to the Synology web interface, but creating an OH copy is still required afterward. 

4 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I've had no issues with its install on the microRendu as long as the post install copy config is completed

What do you mean by 'post install copy config'?  Maybe I have missed something.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

23 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Just remember that Kazoo is OH (openhome) so install bubble server on the synology or microRendu and then config for kazoo

Thank you, but I don't want to do that TBH. Is there another option? I think LMS supports Tidal doesn't it? So run LMS on the NAS, use the Squeezelite setting on the uR and then how to control it on my iPad?

2 hours ago, rickca said:

What do you mean by 'post install copy config'?  Maybe I have missed something.

There is a step where one needs to make an OH copy of their renderer for the LAN to see.

bubble.thumb.jpg.d71d72009653e98b847c566b1bcc972a.jpg

6 minutes ago, ted_b said:

There is a step where one needs to make an OH copy of their renderer for the LAN to see.

Oh yeah, I've done that.