IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

Not sure if this is a new bug, but when the dac Audirvana was talking to disappears playback stops, which is great. When I click play without changing preferred audio device, Audirvana crashes instead of displaying an error. This behaviour is a little annoying when i switch my dac (and typically forget to change the audio device config) and the player crashes.

People still with crashes on 3.1.1 should try deleting their A+ preferences...

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
 just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...
 click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever. You can also click on Finder G0 Menu while holding the ALT key on the keyboard to see appearing the Library in the menu...

Close A+

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder.

Restart MAC.

Reopen A+.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

5 hours ago, Charente said:

@DomieMic65 I've looked through the other thread and some good suggestions made there. I do find it rather bizarre that even with a complete 'clean-out' of Audirvana and a fresh install (with DB rebuild) the exact same problem re-appears ... and the memory usage figures you gave sound enormous to me.

Sorry I can't be of further help

Thnx for your interest!

I have sent Damien some screenshots of the admittedly enormous memory numbers! Unfortunately I have deleted them from my computer .. 

If there is interest I can take some more and upload them here...

None of the suggestions worked!! May be I’ll try un- and reinstalling it one more time... ?? 

I do not know if there is another possible solution!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

You can Google reset PRAM if you don't know or trust me :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

A+3.1.1 working flawless right from the start..found the dCS Network Bridge right way and plays.  Sounds just wonderful.  

One question:  I have flagged volume to be controlled by the DAC only but the apps still show the volume control and it is workable.  Shouldn't this be muted if using the DAC only for volume control?

Shoot... now I am running into the crash on startup problem. Started after trying out iTunes integration mode.

It launches iTunes and then crashes...

I am going to try reinstalling, but I hope I don't have to completely recreate my library and playlists, et al.

EDIT: no luck.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

50 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

^ I am going to try a TimeMachine restore of this file from yesterday and see if I can revert back to Library mode.

EDIT: no luck... keeps wanting to start iTunes and then it crashes. I think I will listen to a record.

EDIT 2: OK, I deleted the file and re-launched. Audirvana asked me for my license key, etc., and then started with my previous settings intact in it's default Library mode. Whew...

EDIT 3: Started with my Library and playlists intact... settings had to be recreated, but that's a lot less work than rescanning the library and recreating my many playlists.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

People still with crashes on 3.1.1 should try deleting their A+ preferences...

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
 just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...
 click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever. You can also click on Finder G0 Menu while holding the ALT key on the keyboard to see appearing the Library in the menu...

Close A+

trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder.

Restart MAC.

Reopen A+.

Trying this. So far so good.

Sorry for all the negativity. I still find Audirvana+ to be the best player on the Mac. It's just frustrating at times.

Great pointers @RunHomeSlow !!

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

2 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

...  May be I’ll try un- and reinstalling it one more time... ?? ....

I would respectfully suggest that when you uninstall you look at @RunHomeSlow 's suggestions to make sure that any remnants of your existing installation no longer exist, and you are truly starting from scratch.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

I posted that also before, but it is always good to remember it:

Everyday that i change something in my Albums Tags in A+ or in my Preferences of A+ (like Izotope settings),

i always backup those 2  prefrerences somewhere, if something get corrupted or messed up

i put those 2 in their places after having closed A+ and i restart the MAC, and i'm back like before...

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Backup that folder (that is your database of music).
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
Backup com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences).

And yes All my Smart Playlists are saved 'Exported' somewhere too.

Click a Playlist... go to File Menu... Export Playlist... yes one by :) one.

Snapz002.jpg

Am I the only one who finds 3.1 has taken a noticeable step backwards in sound quality compared with the 3.0.10 beta, which was outstanding?  I've just gone back to the beta. Go on, tell me it's all imagination. Btw I've had no functionality complaints with either. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

13 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Long text, but takes 5 mins to do...

Maybe not just A+ as problem... you can try ressetting you Mac PRAM also.

Here is how to reset your PRAM:

Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.

Press the Power button, after you hear the ’bong’ press the 4 keyboard keys at the same time:
Command + Option + P + R
Let them press to a second ‘bong’ it will reset the sound… will be louder,
Hold on again the keys for a third ‘bong’, then let go and it will start normally.

Then close A+ if it is in your startup items…

Start fresh A+ by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder... when A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...
Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after 

click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever. 

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder for Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC.  This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not...

Thank you very very much!!!

I will try to do the procedure once  more...

Here is a screenshot after playing 4 tracks of 16/44,1 files

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 09.56.51.png

and until the 8th track....

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.12.45.png

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

47 minutes ago, Charente said:

@DomieMic65 WOW !

?

19 hours ago, robcee said:

Just had a crash in 3.1.1 adding music to my iTunes library.

PS, I've saved the crash report if you're interested @damien78.

Yes please.

@Lethargy I'm also interested in your crash report, and also the "Debug Info" (Audirvana Plus menu command).

In PM, or email please.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

@OldBigEars Are the settings you use the same in both versions of A+ ? 

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

Thank you very very much!!!

I will try to do the procedure once  more...

Here is a screenshot after playing 4 tracks of 16/44,1 files

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 09.56.51.png

and until the 8th track....

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.12.45.png

As discussed, there is an issue of macOS not reclaiming the freed memory on your system.

Which utilities/optimization tools do you have installed? 

I can see MacFansControl, but doubt this should be the culprit.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

13 minutes ago, damien78 said:

As discussed, there is an issue of macOS not reclaiming the freed memory on your system.

Which utilities/optimization tools do you have installed? 

I can see MacFansControl, but doubt this should be the culprit.

Thank you Damien for your reply!

I have “Macs fan control” “Keep drive spinning”, “Disk Sensei”, “Onyx” (as you suggested).

My Mini is an audio source only computer (and video sometimes) and I do not use it for anything else...

I want to mention again that with A+ 2.6.8 these issues do not exist!!

8 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Am I the only one who finds 3.1 has taken a noticeable step backwards in sound quality compared with the 3.0.10 beta, which was outstanding?  I've just gone back to the beta. Go on, tell me it's all imagination. Btw I've had no functionality complaints with either. 

I also hear a step backward  in sound though, I was going from 3.0.7 to 3.1.1. 

I heard the difference immediately and without any critical listening.

4 hours ago, Charente said:

@OldBigEars Are the settings you use the same in both versions of A+ ? 

No sir - everything set the same.  I'm going to keep flipping back and forth to confirm.  Actually the complicated part is that I also, at the same time, replaced my Curious USB cable with the Schiit PYST.  The combination of these 2 changes was quite disturbing and I'm trying to de-couple the effects.  I had high confidence that the PYST would work great, and sound just the same as my 18 month old Curious - as the big claim with Eitr is that cables and upstream electronics make no difference. Clearly not so, in my case.  Perhaps the PYST takes more hours to break in? I'll continue to use it occasionally and assess.

Now that I'm posting,  I've got to let you all know that my Eitr replaced a W4S Recovery in my system.  As mentioned, I was initially using a Curious USB  - together with a  BJC 1 meter  Coax.  Right out of the box, before I'd even sat down I could hear that the sound quality was astonishing.  Quite an incredible jump in detail and musicality.  I'll write more, when I've reached a conclusion about USB cables and A+ 3.1.  Charente,  judging from a previous post of yours, we have very similar musical taste.  Lots of contemporary jazz, blues , r&b - together with rock artists such as Bowie, Radiohead, Costello, Morrissey.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's