IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

10 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I'm not an expert on that, but Max Upsampling should not be choosen i think... You don't want to play 44.1 at 96 or 192 whatever your DAC can, 44.1 should be upsample at 88.2 or 176 for best results and less calculations or funny results. Power of 2 is best i think to get to your max DAC resolution or the manual max you give to each sample rates in A+ prefs

It depends - what you said is true for my 2010 Mac Mini, but on my 2012 Mini, the max upsampling (up to 192 based on my DAC's limit) sounds a bit more spacious.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Actually, I believe that SoX is handling DSD to PCM conversion slightly better than iZotope, at least it has bit more ease in its presentation. No loss in resolution at the SoX default filter settings (my previous negative SQ comments were based on short listening with a bandwidth setting of 55). And 16/44 FLAC sounds great too.

Will be getting a DSD DAC soon, so will be starting up another sonic adventure soon. (And no, the new DAC will not be MQA capable by choice.)

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Is there any more details on this update, because although I have selected SOX I am not up sampling and for me sound quality has jumped significantly, so much so I am not so bothered about Amarra Luxe anymore(thankfully because it’s a wonderful sounding but terribly functioning nightmare)

Thanks Damien

7 minutes ago, quark said:

Is there any more details on this update, because although I have selected SOX I am not up sampling and for me sound quality has jumped significantly, so much so I am not so bothered about Amarra Luxe anymore(thankfully because it’s a wonderful sounding but terribly functioning nightmare)

Thanks Damien

I have completely the same experience, I'm not upsampling either, but SoX seems a nice step up from iZotope into my Dave

2015 MacBook Pro > SOtM tX-USBultra > Mutec MC3+USB > Chord Blu Mk2 > Chord Dave > ATC SIA2-150/P1/P2 > ATC SCM50 PSLT

Hello Damien

A new issue.
I am listening to a DVD Audio Rip of Sinatra At The Sands With Count Basie & The Orchestra which is a 24/192 rip.  I get sound dropout throughout every song using when using SoX to upsample to DSD128 but iZotope is OK.  SoX is also ok without DSD upsample.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

15 minutes ago, mazuly said:

Hello Damien

A new issue.
I am listening to a DVD Audio Rip of Sinatra At The Sands With Count Basie & The Orchestra which is a 24/192 rip.  I get sound dropout throughout every song using when using SoX to upsample to DSD128 but iZotope is OK.  SoX is also ok without DSD upsample.

Not sure why but the issue is fixed if I change the the Bandwidth to 95% Nyqvist in SoX.  

Can someone tell us in lamest term, what all these filters do?

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

6 minutes ago, mazuly said:

Not sure why but the issue is fixed if I change the the Bandwidth to 95% Nyqvist in SoX.  

Can someone tell us in lamest term, what all these filters do?

Never mind.

The issue is not fixed with the change of Bandwidth.  Just needed to play another song and I still get dropouts.

Hello there, maybe somebody can help me about Audirvana..All versions up to 3.1.8 enable source files: 16/44.1, 24/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/176.4, 24/192 and 24/352.8 to have output 32/(44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8). In version 3.2.2 and 3.2.3, the same source files have output 24/(48, 88.2, 96, ..) except 16/44.1 which is playing as in earlier versions, with the output 32/44.1. Integer mode is naturally on.  It is confusing that just upon pressing play, output value of 32/192 ( source file 24/192) appears for a moment (1-2 seconds) and then “click” back to 24/192. Why is this hapenning and is there any way to solve it. Thanks a lot.

I use SOX because it upsamples DSD 64 to 128.

I upsample PCM to DSD128 also.

Damien said to enable the DSD 128 Upsampling, is Sox also used w/o upsampling?

I've had no glitches at all, thankfully.

Sounds good even w/o the kext file replacement

on my iMac.

Does the DSD upsampling involve conversion to PCM first?

I like it, in any event.

8 hours ago, Browniesbane said:

I’m looking at small footprint alternatives to microrendu to stream to a usb dac. The ak70 dap has wireless capability and usb out, but It uses its own proprietary software to control its upnp dlna mode. I’m thinking that audirvana 3.1+ May not be compatible with the ak70. Any comments or experience?

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, using AK70 mk II.  i think a good alternative is chord mojo/poly. but it is relatively new and is buggy.  some have reported that it has been working with roon and audirvana smoothly.  quite a few posts in the thread in head fi.

I am having some difficulty controlling the system volume level with Audirvana using UPnP network connected to a Allo DigiOne running DietPi. Previously, I was using Volumo on the DigiOne and had to use Volumio (either web access or their phone app) to control the volume level as it took control from Audirvana. In another forum, Allo said that this was usual Volumio behavior and suggested DietPi. Now, I can control the volume with Audirvana, but the slider (or the keyboard) works erratically, sometimes causing the volume to greatly increase. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Also, I am having some difficulty with the dac making a loud popping noise whenever it switches resolution - or whenever it is not being fed by the network. This pop happens at any volume setting. Audirvana has a check box for this, but it disappears when a UPnP device is selected. The dac is old (MSB Gold Link) connected via coax from the DigiOne. It is probably a dac issue, but thought that I might mention it...

Thanks in advance for any help.

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

19 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Same here, A+ is still crashing at the end of songs, and at others refusing to advance to the next song without manual intervention.

I’ve had A+ crash several times at the end of a track played from my hard drive - I’ve sent Damien a crash report. 

I’d had no problems with Qobuz until today when A+ stopped mid-track and wouldn’t respond to pressing the play/pause button. I had to select the next track to get things playing again. I don’t know if it was an A+ issue or a Qobuz one. 

35 minutes ago, OneHandWaving said:

I’ve had A+ crash several times at the end of a track played from my hard drive - I’ve sent Damien a crash report. 

I’d had no problems with Qobuz until today when A+ stopped mid-track and wouldn’t respond to pressing the play/pause button. I had to select the next track to get things playing again. I don’t know if it was an A+ issue or a Qobuz one. 

I have had to manually move to the next track on many occasions as well.  From both the local files and TIDAL.

Overall, I am still satisfied with A+.

No electron left behind.

Just joined and 1st post. Sorry if I’m asking this question in the wrong area.  I use 2 computers.  I upgraded Computer 1 to 3.x and saved the application and license files. I tried to upgrade Computer 2 by uninstalling version 2.x and installing 3.x using the application file I saved. Launching the app brings a requirement to enter a text key which is new to me.  I do not have the emails I received when I paid for the software and I do not know where/how to find the key. I only have the license files.  I ended up running the 15-day trail version for now.  Can anyone tell me how I can get the validation key or how I can contact Audirvana so I can activate Computer 2?  Thanks and Happy New Year!