IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

22 hours ago, damien78 said:

Thanks for the report.

I've fixed it in 3.2.2 you can update to.

Issue is resolved.  Thanks Damien.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

On 19 décembre 2017 at 9:14 PM, manco401 said:

Hi,

Just installed the update to 3.2 but it won't start up.. I am still running Yosemite, is that the problem?

Hello Damien,

Same here:

Just installed 3.2.2, but it won't start up... I am still running Mavericks (10.9.1), is that the problem?

Thank U

20 minutes ago, tipunch said:

Hello Damien,

Same here:

Just installed 3.2.2, but it won't start up... I am still running Mavericks (10.9.1), is that the problem?

Thank U

Can you send me by PM the crash report you get?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hi.

The sound of SoX is promising, but I've experienced some clicks and pops using it. With Izotope 64 the sound is perfectly clean.

I'd like to tweak the sound as I did with Izotope 64, but with those noises it's difficult.

I use a Mac Mini (i5/16GB/1TB) connected to a Hegel H360 amp's DSD DAC with a Transparent USB cable and an Audioquest Jitterbug. A+ version is 3.2.2.

Did anybody experience this problem with SoX?

What about the filter settings? Any advice?

Thanks.

@damien78 Since you are not far, can you give me the default settings for sox...

i think it was 99,7 - 30,000 - 1,00 - and ??  thank you

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Just now, RunHomeSlow said:

@damien78 Since you are not far, can you give me the default settings for sox...

i think it was 99,7 - 30,000 - 1,00 - and ??  thank you

73% for the phase setting

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

25 minutes ago, OneHandWaving said:

It’s crashed twice this morning, both times at the end of a track (neither was the last track on an album). 

I’m using the latest version of Audirvana and Mac OS. Mac Mini, 16 gig of memory. 

which version of Audirvana Plus?

Can you send me as well the crash report by PM ?

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

73% for the phase setting

Damien, 

30,000? Are you sure you don’t mean 100,000? 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

1 hour ago, OldBigEars said:

Damien, 

30,000? Are you sure you don’t mean 100,000? 

you can't go more... for SoX

Snapz001.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

3.2.2 + sox... wow, nice! Thank you, Damien.

I’ve only tried the default settings which really are great, but can someone say (in kinda plain English) how the advanced setting filter tweaks affect the sound. Especially how the nyquist and pre-ringing sliders equate to their izotope  equivalents since the achievable limits seem to be calculated differently (or does sox just have a broader range).

TIA

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

you can't go more... for SoX

Snapz001.jpg

Got it, thanks.  

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

23 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Merry Christmas with lots of great music :)

Damien

You too Damien, have Nice Holidays... you have a big year coming i guess with the 2 platforms :)

SoX implementation seems to work just fine now with version 3.2.3.

However, the filter quality (with regard to the suppression of mirrored aliasing above the nyquist limit when upsampling) is really weak.

Below screenshots of Fabfilter Pro Q2 (passed through) in AU plugin realtime mode while playing 44.1kHz music upsampeld to 176.4kHz showing the frequencies above 22.050Hz. With my iZozotpe settings mirrored aliasing stays below -110db while SoX shows mirrored aliasing up to -45db (in this particular piece of music I was playing to check SoX).

SoX settings match my iZotope setting with regard to nyquist cutoff and pre-ringing. Steepness in my iZotope settings is moderate (28) while SoX produces more ringing (as it uses a higher steepness filter ... which is why it actually should suppress images better than iZotope with my settings). So either the SoX filter is really weak or something isn't working as supposed to...

SoX:
Bandwidth: 95%
Pre-Ringing: 68%

Anti Aliasing: 100
(steepness = fixed)

sox.thumb.jpg.c75b4977ac362f7810b53f5e1791082a.jpg

iZotope:
Nyquist: 0.95
Pre-Ringing: 0.68

Anti Aliasing: 100
(Steepness: 28)

izotope.thumb.jpg.cd9811ec6cb5488521804aafdc5880c6.jpg

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Hi all,

I was kindly directed over here from another thread. I'm having no luck getting A+ 3.2 to work with my MR v1.4. Unlike Roon, which was pretty much a flawless install, A+ routinely crashes, fails to output music to the MR (though it plays fine using the built-in output), and seems to have difficulty syncing to my libraries. I'm running the latest A+ 3.2.3, High Sierra and SonicOrbiter 2.5. It has worked -- and sounds great when it does -- but will not work consistently. Grateful for any tips from the community here.

best,

k

@Kirkwall ... I can't tell what you've tried so far to rectify this ... When you say "no luck getting A+ 3.2 to work with my MR v1.4.", presumably, you've set the mR to MPD/DLNA on the App Switcher (GUI). It should just appear as an Output device on Preferences. Perhaps when A+ crashes, save a crash report and PM to Damien at Audirvana with an explanation.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

5 hours ago, Charente said:

@Kirkwall ... I can't tell what you've tried so far to rectify this ... When you say "no luck getting A+ 3.2 to work with my MR v1.4.", presumably, you've set the mR to MPD/DLNA on the App Switcher (GUI). It should just appear as an Output device on Preferences. Perhaps when A+ crashes, save a crash report and PM to Damien at Audirvana with an explanation.

Yep -- I've done all those things. I've also done the "Software settings" and "Save" move, which has worked before, if briefly. A3.2.3 sees the MR, but can't seem to output to it. Rebooting both systems doesn't seem to help. 

Anyone using Audirvana with a DigiOne (Raspberry Pi) with Volumio? Having some trouble controlling the volume level with Audirvanna - Volumio keep taking over.

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

3 hours ago, Kirkwall said:

Yep -- I've done all those things. I've also done the "Software settings" and "Save" move, which has worked before, if briefly. A3.2.3 sees the MR, but can't seem to output to it. Rebooting both systems doesn't seem to help. 

Does A+ actually appear to be playing ?  Presumably the volume on A+ is up ? I guess it might be a network issue (cable ?)

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2