IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

16 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I switched back to the IZotope upsampling, and the odd behavior, for me anyway, seems to have disappeared.

Interesting.  I should probably also mention my issues were with IZotope after trying the SoX and experiencing skips, and then switching back to get the crashes.

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

@damien78 There seems to be some weird behavior when skipping ahead a song.  The timing seems to get screwed up, and once I got nothing but a high pitched screech out of my speakers.

So far I have completely uninstalled A+ and reinstalled from scratch, same thing is happening.

To which audio device are you playing? (USB DAC, network player?)

And where was the source file coming from? TIDAL? local file?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

10 hours ago, jhwalker said:

Damien, I don't recall if we've ever had a definitive answer on this:  does the underlying PCM upsampling code (e.g., iZotope, now SOX) have any effect if you're finally upsampling everything to DSD (in my case, DSD512 to a iFi Micro iDSD)?  If so, any recommendations on what settings to use?

It has as the upsampling to DSD is done in 2 steps:

1. Upsample in PCM to DSD sample rate

2. Perform the delta sigma modulation

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

6 hours ago, mazuly said:

Hi Damien

Using iZotope, A+ crashes once any song finishes loading (from Tidal and hard drive).  I do not have this issue with SoX.

See attached for crash log.

Crash-12 19 2017.rtf

Thanks for the report.

I've fixed it in 3.2.2 you can update to.

Any recommendations for SoX settings...?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

@damien78

just installed A+ 3.2.2 from 3.1.8 and :

- with SoX selected and upsampling at the beginning of any piece a very loud noise is generated and subsequently there are continuous short interruptions, no problems without any upsampling option selected, if I stop the playback A+ crashes.

- trying to go back to Izotope from SoX it is impossible to modify the Steepness parameters, it appears blank and it is impossible to enter any value. I have to close A+ and restart it to set the parameter.

I already tried to delete the preference file but there is no change to this behavior.

I'm on High Sierra 10.13.2

Stefano

My audio system

On MacMini with El Capitan, 3.2.1/SoX works just fine and sounds great with no upsampling.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

1 hour ago, KolBer said:

I have just upgraded my Audirvana to 3.2.2, and using OSX 10.12.6. The player crashes when starting a song, no matter what kind of song it is, pcm,dsd or wav. Frustrating, yes!

OK, I rebooted the Mac and tested again, worked just fine after boot.

3 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

.. (forgot to add yesterday that I was using a Mini with USB drive storage, playing via USB to Benchmark Dac2, upsampling to DSD)

Sounds like a similar setup as mine.  I tried a few USB interconnects and settled on a Wireworld Ultraviolet 7; fairly inexpensive, clean and open. It always amazed me how every little tweak can make a difference.  Keep on listening...

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

7 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I thought that SOX or Izotope were only used when Upsampling ??

If this were so, then the Core Audio and Izotope would sound the same without an upsampling.
But this is not so.

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

Started an album with SOX on, first track stop at 4 seconds before the end, have to manually pull the bar the the end to continu with the rest of the album.

Went to see my A+ izotope settings and steepness was an empty square now, could not enter anything, just a bump sound that say no go  :-(

Can anyone tell me to default Sox settings since i can't remember them an opposite to Izotope there is no way to put them back...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I’m an Audirvana user and admirer and normally update immediately to the latest version. This week it seems some user configurations are having more challenges than normal.

Do more experienced users here recommend a brief delay for those who haven’t upgraded to any 3.2 yet?

21 minutes ago, AmosM said:

I’m an Audirvana user and admirer and normally update immediately to the latest version. This week it seems some user configurations are having more challenges than normal.

Do more experienced users here recommend a brief delay for those who haven’t upgraded to any 3.2 yet?

I am still using it...

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 5.39.08 PM.png

No electron left behind.