IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

7 hours ago, Nico said:

Preferences 3.1.8:

Why I have to check Direct Mode in order to have Integer Mode options 1 and 2? Is Integer Mode not independent from Direct Mode?

Int.png

I think the naming of the modes is a bit confusing.

Without „Direct Mode“ enabled A+ utilizes Mac OSX‘s native Integer Mode (as is). So, yes, Integer Mode is independent from „Direct Mode“.

With „Direct Mode“ checked A+ utilizes its own Audio Driver. In this case (only in this case) you can chose between two different modes (1 or 2).

Maybe it‘s more clear if you think about the modes as if they were called „Direct Integer Mode 1“ and „Direct Integer Mode 2“... 

hope that helps...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

3 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

With the new MacOS update and mention of compatibility improvements with some USB audio devices, does this help with Direct Mode coming to A+, without any MacOS tweaking required?

Or is that unrelated to this latest MacOS update?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/12/06/macos-high-sierra-10132-now-available-after-a-month-of-testing

Not for me... Still no Direct Mode option. A+ 3.1.8 and 10.13.2

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

5 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Not for me... Still no Direct Mode option. A+ 3.1.8 and 10.13.2

Ya same for me. But I meant to ask, if maybe it allows Damien to do this with the next A+ update?

But I fear it may be completely not relevant at all to Direct Mode.

One can only wish/dream lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi when i stop av it wont play again it loads the song then sits there ,i have to reboot the mac to get it going again,even after resetting the pram etc and removing av files,THIS IS GETTING REALLY BORING -DAMIEN.

im running el cap as there are so many issues with sierra,and my late 09 mini  should not really run it,however my question is ,if it will fix this problem should i give it a go ?

On 12/6/2017 at 7:40 PM, Em2016 said:

Ya same for me. But I meant to ask, if maybe it allows Damien to do this with the next A+ update?

But I fear it may be completely not relevant at all to Direct Mode.

One can only wish/dream lol

Only Apple can allow Direct Mode to be used again.  Damien had asked A+ users to request Apple to do this.  I don’t know what the user response was, but in any case Apple has not changed its recent OSes to permit the use of Direct Mode again.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:13 AM, Em2016 said:

Hi Gents

Have I got this correct, that the RAM buffering is ALWAYS only done on the Mac and there is NEVER buffering to the UPnP renderer/endpoint's local RAM?

Cheers

As far as I know, correct.  The intent is to make the upsampling asynchronous from sending the upsampled material to the DAC, which can only happen at the upsampling computer. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thank you Damien.

Can Santa bring us Spotify integration with A+ this year and maybe a little more update to the A+ remote:

1- In Tidal please add jump to artist, album and if possible artist radio option for each track.  Right now we only have play now, play next...etc.

2- In Tidal please add Top Tracks option for each artist 

Also can someone (I nominate you Jud) explain in lamest terms what each filter parameter like bandwidth/cutoff slope, anti-aliasing....etc. do

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

20 minutes ago, manco401 said:

Hi,

Just installed the update to 3.2 but it won't start up.. I am still running Yosemite, is that the problem?

It is. Works on all other macOS versions.

Making a 3.2.1 fixing this right now...

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

11 minutes ago, manco401 said:

top notch !

It's ready :)

You can get 3.2.1 fixing Yosemite issue by downloading the trial version on audirvana.com

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

3 hours ago, damien78 said:

I've just released the version 3.2 of Audirvana Plus that brings the ultra high quality SoX upsampling algorithm (iZotope is still selectable):

How To use it:

• Go to the Audio Filters page of Audirvana Plus preferences
  • Select SoX as the sample rate converter algorithm
  • Select one of the forced upsampling options (e.g. power of two, or DSD)

Expert settings:

If wished, you can tune the SoX parameters as you can do with iZotope SRC (e.g. bandwidth/cutoff slope, anti-aliasing, phase)

BTW, SoX is 2x faster than iZotope. This will help to keep cool some CPUs and their fans silent.

Merry Christmas ;)

Damien

Capture d’écran 2017-12-19 à 19.38.02.png

Damien, I don't recall if we've ever had a definitive answer on this:  does the underlying PCM upsampling code (e.g., iZotope, now SOX) have any effect if you're finally upsampling everything to DSD (in my case, DSD512 to a iFi Micro iDSD)?  If so, any recommendations on what settings to use?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

33 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

There seems to be some weird behavior when skipping ahead a song.  The timing seems to get screwed up

Can you expand on timing getting screwed up? I may have the same issue that only happens when hitting the next track button.

In my case, the track doesn't actually start playing even though I see the buffering being completed. Happens more with DSD than PCM with me.

A+ sox  :)

For me, i recently stopped using Direct Mode in High Sierra 10.13.1, and at the same time upsampling all to DSD128 just because no so apparent changes in my ears and my setup, just adding bugs sometimes, music stopping for couple of seconds for nothing while upsampling, but i did try the sox sampler and was happy to see the faster and less CPU note by Damien...

Before, with my 16gb memory on a Late 2012 MacMini, the izotope setting upsampling at DSD128 with the C filter, was bringing my mac at 250% CPU usage while A+ buffering the song, then it will go to zero, but could be at 250% like for 5 minutes. The new sox sampler brings my mac at 300% while buffering, then rest at 0% faster then with Izoptope, yes faster but still 300% while buffering.

Just for information, since i don't use HQPlayer often just because of library look, but with HQPlayer upsampling at DSD128 my mac only peak at 100% or 95  to 105% stable... Why?

My question here is: How can a mac works at 300% CPU usage? is that number good in Activity Monitor ??

i don't feel my computer is working harder and slow me down elsewhere while music is playing. i don't hear the fan workin'...

Are the filters needs some 'tightening' like the ones in HQPlayer (sorry french speaking here) ?

Also my memory was at default at 13 312 mb out of 16, but when i put it at 1024mb the buffering is faster at 0% cpu usage, but come back more often at 300% but for less time... which is better?

Back at no umsampling.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Can you expand on timing getting screwed up? I may have the same issue that only happens when hitting the next track button.

In my case, the track doesn't actually start playing even though I see the buffering being completed. Happens more with DSD than PCM with me.

Yeah, that's basically it, the track starting and stopping gets a bit jumbled, I even had one track playing over another for a few seconds, all kinds of weird stuff happening.  I also had one track end before the song was actually over.

No electron left behind.

Hi Damien

Using iZotope, A+ crashes once any song finishes loading (from Tidal and hard drive).  I do not have this issue with SoX.

See attached for crash log.

Crash-12 19 2017.rtf

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)