IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

21 hours ago, damien78 said:

I have not tested it directly. But you can ask dCS if they have made the test, though it means simply to test it is fully compatible with the DLNA renderer standard. You can also tell them to contact me directly.

Good news from @wdw re A+ 3.1 and dCS Network Bridge.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/29650-dcs-network-bridge/?do=findComment&comment=733785

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

10 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

In iCloud you have to create a familly... then you could share that purchase to one member for free (your iphone). Not need anything more

no need to create a family unless iPhone and iPad are registered to different Apple IDs

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

39 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

no need to create a family unless iPhone and iPad are registered to different Apple IDs

Thanx, your right, that was for my roomate iphone :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

15 hours ago, damien78 said:

A+ Remote 1.7 is out now :)

Maybe just taking the replication time in Apple servers to arrive to your iPhone/iPad

Don't forget to update Audirvana Plus to 3.1.6 to get these new features.

Hello Damien

Issues with new remote app:

1- Defalt Track Tap action can not be changed.  It stays on Play Now And Replace..... option

2- Track List Changes in View Suport List option does not make any changes to what is seen for the track list.

Requests for next A+ app update:

1- In Tidal please add jump to artist, album and if possible artist radio option for each track.  Right now we only have play now, play next...etc.

2- In Tidal please add Top Tracks option for each artist 

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

On 10/25/2017 at 9:00 AM, Serpieri said:

Thank you, Damien.  This sounds very much like the hopeful means of achieving shuffle by album.  Can't wait to see the end results. 

Unfortunately, even though it is useful to have the additional options of sorting from within the remote app, it still leaves my Wish List Item for some form of Shuffle by Album unchecked.  Ever hopeful.

On 10/24/2017 at 4:10 PM, damien78 said:

MQA albums and tracks highlight to easily spot them in TIDAL, and in your local Library

Very cool. Are you going to add that to the A+ UI (i.e. not just the A+ Remote App)?

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

Thank you for the update Damien!

I think that in a future update you should ad a Stop button too!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

6 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

Thank you for the update Damien!

I think that in a future update you should ad a Stop button too!

Hold Pause to see Stop appearing :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

3 hours ago, Serpieri said:

Unfortunately, even though it is useful to have the additional options of sorting from within the remote app, it still leaves my Wish List Item for some form of Shuffle by Album unchecked.  Ever hopeful.

+1... again

I'm going to bump my wish list, originally posted on the A+ 2.4 list when iOS remote 1.5 was released (March of 2016):

GROUPS: You can see groups in all the various album views, but what can you actually do with them? As far as I can tell, you can't actually play them. We need the little °°° control thing in the grey 'group' bars, just as they appear for albums and tracks. (I'd like to see groups in list/track view as well… but I almost never use list views when album view is available, so it's not a priority.)

PLAYLISTS: For that matter, what you do with a playlist? OK: I use them as a database tool organising my library, and now that they have album view they're great for that. But what if I just want to play the playlist?

COMPOSER: It's not just another db field! Please, can we have a Composer view like the Artist view. (Get your little stick-figure artist dude to put down his baton, and sit with a pen…) And while we're at it, both Artist and Composer views have same comments as playlist views: great for finding stuff, but I'd like to be able to play them as well. (My whole list of Arnold Bax becomes a cool playlist for an afternoon. Or I could click play in the Bach view, and not come up for air for a month…)

SHUFFLE: For those of us in countries that Qobuz won't provide streaming to… All of my playlists and the Artist views and Composer views would make much better radio if I didn't always hear them in the same order. Every view needs PLAY and SHUFFLE PLAY controls. And the biggie: shuffle must have the option to shuffle by GROUP or by ALBUM. (Don't listen to 'tunes' much… I'd use shuffle, but whole pieces, not random tracks.)

2 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Hold Pause to see Stop appearing :)

Thnx I didn't know... :)

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

2 hours ago, fourstrings1891 said:

Hello @damien78 Some bugs:

A+:

- Sometimes double clicking a track (the first track?) in the play queue does not start playback. Clicking the small play button next to the track title will start playback.

A+ Remote:

- Album duration is not displayed correctly (0mn 0s in this example)

- Track position is stuck at the end (-100:00)

IMG_2564.png

IMG_2565.png

Fixed done for the last two. Will be in 3.1.7

Investigating for first one

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

@damien78 thanks for the new Remote release. Any progress here is very much appreciated.

My biggest concern/feature request is the library search function. It is really hard to understand from a usability perspective why the search window of the app itself is so much more powerful than the search within the remote app.

Try searching for two independent words, no problem in the software, impossible in the app. 

Search is one of the most common features you use on a remote, is there any chance of aligning the power of the remote search with the local one?

On 10/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, stefano_mbp said:

I deleted the com.audirvana.audirvana-plus.plist file, then restarted the Mac. The behavior did not changed, all parameters are set to "factory value" included the database file location. This happens randomly.

When it happens, if I change just the database file location A+ is forced to restart and all the customized parameters are back again

The problem is still open ... and sometime A+ (3.1.5 & 3.1.6) start as the first installation asking for dac, music folders and so on ...

one more imformation to try to understand this behavior is tha XLD too is having the same problem ... they are both applications not downloaded from App Store ....

???

Stefano

My audio system

10 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

The problem is still open ... and sometime A+ (3.1.5 & 3.1.6) start as the first installation asking for dac, music folders and so on ...

one more imformation to try to understand this behavior is tha XLD too is having the same problem ... they are both applications not downloaded from App Store ....

???

Try Start fresh A+ by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder... when A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...
Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC.  This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not...

For XLD try deleting your preferences too, and restart MAC:

jp.tmkk.XLD.LSSharedFileList.plist

jp.tmkk.XLD.plist

46 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Try Start fresh A+ by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder... when A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...
Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC.  This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not...

thank you RunHomeSlow I do not use Roon or other sw ... but I have plenty/tons of smart playlists for my huge collection of classical music: conductors, soloists (singers and instrumentalists), instruments, musical period, style, catalog (just for Bach and Vivaldi but it is enough), genre (for non classical music too) and just the idea to restart from scratch locks my breath ... it is a random behavior and it must have something related to High Sierra, I really hope Damien will find the solution ... I could consider to start from scratch if the macOS application had the same browse power of the iOS app ....

Stefano

My audio system

On 26/10/2017 at 9:18 PM, damien78 said:

Fixed done for the last two. Will be in 3.1.7

Investigating for first one

3.1.7 release done :)

Unfortunately, unable to reproduce the first one

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

3.1.7 release done :)

Unfortunately, unable to reproduce the first one

I think I can reproduce it every time now:

1. Stop playback and clear current the play queue

2. Drag som tracks to the play queue

3. Double click the first track

Playback won't start. If I then double clicking the second track, playback will start. And after that I can also double click the first track to initate playback. 

7 minutes ago, fourstrings1891 said:

I think I can reproduce it every time now:

1. Stop playback and clear current the play queue

2. Drag som tracks to the play queue

3. Double click the first track

Playback won't start. If I then double clicking the second track, playback will start. And after that I can also double click the first track to initate playback. 

3.1.7 Playqueue: I can't confirm this behaviour, sorry fourstrings1891. Tried your steps 1 to 3 several times, with tracks inside and outside library. First track always starts.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

Hello

I have a slight ticking/clicking sound when playing music through USB going from Mac mini to oppo HA-1.  It almost sounds like I am playing a very clean record.  I am running Audirvana 3.1.6 through MacOS High Sierra.  Have not tried Audirvana 3.1.7 yet, will do tomorrow.

I don’t recall having this issue before.  

Any idea what is causing it?

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

10 hours ago, mazuly said:

Hello

I have a slight ticking/clicking sound when playing music through USB going from Mac mini to oppo HA-1.  It almost sounds like I am playing a very clean record.  I am running Audirvana 3.1.6 through MacOS High Sierra.  Have not tried Audirvana 3.1.7 yet, will do tomorrow.

I don’t recall having this issue before.  

Any idea what is causing it?

Well whatever it was, now gone away with 3.1.7.

Hello Damien

the Defalt Track Tap Action in A+ remote Setting still does not work.  It is stuck on Play Now And Replace.....option 

Hi would like a bit of help here,this has been happening from a few versions back,i buy an album from Qobuz,it downloads i drag the file to "music" on an external hd, AV sees it the bar on the right moves,great when i go to the album half the tracks are missing ! when i individually put them in they show up,but when i try to play them they wont play,i have to reboot to get it working.im not using anything todo with itunes. Thanks Bazz.