IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

19 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

@damien78

since we have a new thread I'll copy my question from the former thread ... because I really would appreciate a reply.

Thanks!

_______

@damien78  and/or  @mansr
… or anyone who knows fur sure…

A short question about the internal processing chain when upsampling to DSD and using AU Plugins.

According to the A+ manual when upsampling to a higher PCM rate the processing chain is:
1.) file loading / decoding
2.) sample rate conversion
3.) AU Plugins (in top to down order)
(4.) loading processed PCM into RAM for playback)

For forced upsampling to DSD the processing chain must be different (since there are no AU Plugins that work at DSD sample rates starting at 2.8MHz).

Am I correct assuming that AU plugins are applied at the source sample rate when we upsample to DSD?
So for DSD is the processing chain looking like this? ->
1.) file loading / decoding
2.) AU Plugins (in top to down order)
3.) sample rate conversion (iZotope) & DSD modulation (SoX)

Many thanks in advance!

That's the right sequences of operation in both cases

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Just released 3.1.1 (you can get it with the "Check for updates..." command of the Audirvana Plus menu):

It fixes the crash when starting playback while having realtime setup enabled for Audio Units.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

16 hours ago, Yucca06 said:

Still no AU.

And another bug : it plays alsways the next track. 

Can you give me a step by step to reproduce your issue?

15 hours ago, pl_svn said:

3.1.1 bug:

- Smart playlist (eg by date added) in album view

- Open an album

- now try to close it (by clicking on the empty background): doesn't close :|

Thanks for the report of this old bug.

Fixed for 3.1.2

19 hours ago, robcee said:

Just had a crash in 3.1.1 adding music to my iTunes library.

PS, I've saved the crash report if you're interested @damien78.

Yes please.

@Lethargy I'm also interested in your crash report, and also the "Debug Info" (Audirvana Plus menu command).

In PM, or email please.

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

Thank you very very much!!!

I will try to do the procedure once  more...

Here is a screenshot after playing 4 tracks of 16/44,1 files

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 09.56.51.png

and until the 8th track....

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 10.12.45.png

As discussed, there is an issue of macOS not reclaiming the freed memory on your system.

Which utilities/optimization tools do you have installed? 

I can see MacFansControl, but doubt this should be the culprit.

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Great!!

This might help Damien fix the issue for the next version... Their is surely something to learn from that, î’m not a programmer ?

This shows an installation issue. And maybe due to wrong permissions of the two folders where the privileged helper tool is to be installed. If any one has such issue, can he check the permissions of those two folders before copying manually as the files as per RunHomeSlow nice guide?

In the previous version of SysOptimizer, it was always refusing to install if the parent folder permissions were not correct, to avoid any security issue. Such wrong permissions were caused by another application installing not really cautiously its privileged helper tool.

3 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I took pictures of my 4 working files from my previous System Sierra... working in my High Sierra System now.

And the 2 folders they are in that was created new from fresh High Sierra installer.

As i mentionned on earlier post, i could not get the SysOpt myself to work

when installing fresh System on newly erased Mac Mini. If it could help you...

Snapz001.jpg

Snapz002.jpg

Interesting as both folders should be owned by root, and not the user as this is a security hole.

A bug in High Sierra beta installer?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your feedbacks.

Just released 3.1.3 with bug fixes especially for the crashes at start that were mainly due to an issue in the MQA devices detection library.

@Speed Racer: SysOptimizer deactivates Spotlight using simply the Apple supplied administration commands listed in the quote of your post to recover Spotlight: mdutil -ai off to stop it, mdutil -ai on to restart it.

There must have been something damaged before on your Spotlight index so that you had to erase it completely using the mdutil -Ea command

13 hours ago, Andrey said:

Damien!
All previous days, Internet on the my optical line worked well.
Today, after the accident on the line, the Internet was absent and Audirvana refused to start.
Empty window.

What happens, I can not listen to music when the Internet is not working even one day?

Audirvana began to check the license every day?

The issue you had is that your Internet connection is not off, but half-failing, still telling the link is up while it is not really: this means network connection attempt is not failing immediately, but keeps retrying until it times out. And these network timeouts have to be quite long (up to 30s) to cope with transient connection issues.

So Audirvana Plus was stuck until timing out for this connection issue.

If your network was completely disconnected, it would not have waited for getting the server is unreachable, and thus would have go on as you are still, by a wide margin, in the period allowed without getting the license checked.

On 15/09/2017 at 4:33 PM, Jud said:

Hi Damien -

Have only noticed this with 3.1.3, not with 3.1.2 -

Playing from a microRendu ( ;) ), when I try to pause, rewind, stop, or shut down A+, it becomes unresponsive and I must force quit.

I can provide logs or parts of logs if desired.

Hi Jud,

Yes please for the logs.

Though this seems to be some network issue. How is your microRendu connected to your Mac? wired or wifi (with weak signal?)?

This slow loading shows slowness getting the audio data from TIDAL. Server load issue on their side?

The stop in the middle of the song is a timeout waiting for data from TIDAL that has expired. This timeout is quite long (tens of seconds) and is there to avoid blocking playback for infinite amount of time.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

update:

the problem seems due to High Sierra, in fact I went back to A+ 3.14 and the bug was still there. I'm on High Sierra second update

Your preferences file may have been damaged, and thus explains the issue. The most likely cause for this is if you had two instances of Audirvana Plus (e.g. different versions) running simultaneously.

You can try deleting it: com.audirvana.audirvana-plus.plist

It is located in ~/Library/Preferences

To access ~/Library with the Finder, use its Go menu. While pressing the alt/option key, its Library command is revealed. Select it.

Be sure to reboot before launching again Audirvana Plus to get the preferences cache reloaded by macOS.

27 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

I did, twice.

I have not received any email from you recently, though I've provided you with support more than a handful of times before.

Anyway, what is your precise issue?

13 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

pretty bad suggestion if you think about users with older OS X versions (Mavericks, El Capitan...) or those who do replace the audio kext file.

If at all the setting maybe could be hidden in some kind of „expert settings“ section in the prefs to make life easier for new users...

This is exactly what is done in 3.1.5: Direct Mode option is hidden when it is checked to be not available.

So users on Sierra or HighSierra who have patched the kext still see the option.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rickca said:

@damien78 have you tested or do you plan to test A+ 3.1 with the dCS Network Bridge?

I have not tested it directly. But you can ask dCS if they have made the test, though it means simply to test it is fully compatible with the DLNA renderer standard. You can also tell them to contact me directly.

4 minutes ago, Serpieri said:

Thank you, Damien.  This sounds very much like the hopeful means of achieving shuffle by album.  Can't wait to see the end results. 

A+ Remote 1.7 is out now :)

Maybe just taking the replication time in Apple servers to arrive to your iPhone/iPad

Don't forget to update Audirvana Plus to 3.1.6 to get these new features.

2 hours ago, fourstrings1891 said:

Hello @damien78 Some bugs:

A+:

- Sometimes double clicking a track (the first track?) in the play queue does not start playback. Clicking the small play button next to the track title will start playback.

A+ Remote:

- Album duration is not displayed correctly (0mn 0s in this example)

- Track position is stuck at the end (-100:00)

IMG_2564.png

IMG_2565.png

Fixed done for the last two. Will be in 3.1.7

Investigating for first one

On 26/10/2017 at 9:18 PM, damien78 said:

Fixed done for the last two. Will be in 3.1.7

Investigating for first one

3.1.7 release done :)

Unfortunately, unable to reproduce the first one

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

That's a simple goof that Damien can easily fix if you notify him.  He needs to change the album number field to sort as a number field instead of a text field.

This is already the case, the Disc number tag is a number tag.

In the present case, it seems the disc number tag is empty, and it is only written in the album title that is a text field.

Solution is then to edit these few albums to set their disc number tag.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, manco401 said:

Hi,

Just installed the update to 3.2 but it won't start up.. I am still running Yosemite, is that the problem?

It is. Works on all other macOS versions.

Making a 3.2.1 fixing this right now...