IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

48 minutes ago, Jud said:

If it is what I am supposing it is from your brief comment, it is sending your license information to a server to check its validity, in order to avoid endemic software cracks. If this isn't what you're describing, let us know.

I don't see why it has to check more than once and again at update time. Not even MS goes this far. A bit paranoid. But I also wonder what else it is retrieving. Besides, this hack won't stop it from being pirated. There has long been software available to block such activity and, since OS X is unix, all it takes is a command line in bash to block it permanently.

21 hours ago, elcorso said:

There are many users who want to have the latest version (not me).

In any case you always have the option of not checking for upgrades.

And talking about paranoiacs?

Roch

Yeah, right--because you know nothing about ports and non root controlled access to them. So, being a nice guy I'll explain it to you. The app is using administrative rights to gain to open ports and communicate. Once open, anyone who wants can gain access to the computer in question. This is why no one wants to apps to have access without their approval. This is an old issue that has cropped up in the past with other apps. It will not stop anyone from pirating the software and it opens the door to root kits. If you don't know what a root kit is, google it.