IGNORED

Listening shirt recomendations

This post (not in any way singling out the author - just using it as a good example) got me thinking about an all too often forgotten aspect of our total listening environment and end to end systems:

What about the listening shirt?  As we all know clothes make the man, and by extension they contribute to how in touch you are with your musical systems.  Sure, the room, amp, source, cables - all these things are important but let us not forget the little things.  After all, it is all about the music!

So what do you guys have on when you sit down in your listening chair?  Do you find that the material of your shirt (e.g. classic cotton, or a modern polyester blend) or the color is more important?  What gets you closer to that "being there" musicality we are all after - button down or wife beater?

Please no scoffers or objectivist ranting please - it ALL matters!  If you don't like the air up here in Hi Fi, perhaps you should craw back under your mid fi rock...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Winter time, nothing beats how you feel in a 100% wool sweater with 100% cotton undershirt.  So warm and comfy and cozy.

Music just seems better when you are clad this way.

Summer time, oh well anything cool.  100% cotton shirt or some of the new fangled shirts that breathe moisture away so well like the good golf shirts.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Is hair shirt and acceptable answer here.  The gentle impact of sound waves like breeze through natural grass is most pleasing.  B|

My listening, or even ability to listen, has never focused overly on attack or the decay that follows.  Even more so, mid-fi rock strikes me as less admirable a pursuit this morning than perhaps being a little enthusiastic about a luscious golden soundscape.  Or being shirty.

Listen naked is the only answer, but then again your body depending on its mass will absorb or diffuse some of the sound waves and spoil the experience, so the only way to enjoy a unobtrusive listening experience is from a remote location via camera in your home . Kinda crappy and strange but !  9_9

The Truth Is Out There

5 hours ago, mav52 said:

Listen naked is the only answer, but then again your body depending on its mass will absorb or diffuse some of the sound waves

Certain male organs can change their size and position depending on circumstances (and I do not mean eyes only). I believe this can influence the absorbing/diffusing/reflecting properties of listener's body to some dagree  :D  Could be checked empirically and easily measured too.

Purchased a listening shirt while visiting info the Isle of Burano. Handmade on the island from linen. 

The loose linen absorbs all temporal artifacts resulting from pico-second timing errors. This effect benefits everyone in the listening area. No one has been able to hear  the temporal disruption when I wear my shirt.

With summer winding down a pair of listening pants is in my future. The falling room temperatures can lead to shrinkage.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

3 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Certain male organs can change their size and position depending on circumstances (and I do not mean eyes only). I believe this can influence the absorbing/diffusing/reflecting properties of listener's body to some dagree  :D  Could be checked empirically and easily measured too.

Hmm, could there be a market for audiophile plethysmographs?

10 hours ago, mansr said:

Hmm, could there be a market for audiophile plethysmographs?

Probably not yet but it seems inevitable.

BTW does this video mean that Red Hot Chili Peppers did their tests in a live gig environment long time ago.?

• 3 weeks later...

POLO 100% cotton cords,100%cotton unstarched BIG SHIRT, Carnoustie Links 100% cashmere golf sweater(can only be worn if you have played there) with NUB cigar and 16yo Lagavulin listening via ROON or A3+ to either TIDAL or Qobuz(at this moment Larry Jon Wilson) waiting for the GIANTS to kick the COWBOY's collective derrieres  

@Ralf11  no am not a chief of service anywhere any more just a country doc- I never inhale my dad smoked cigars until he was 80 died at 91-Churchill smoked the ones named after him 6x a day and John Wayne died from stomach cancer from fallout in mounument valley-terrible rationalization by me but all done in moderation except listening to music but you sound like my CFO