IGNORED

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

No, I just saw it there, downloaded the tool and updated. Updated both my speakers and Control to latest versions.

After the update, had to repair my Remote Control with the Kii Control and re-enter boundary settings. There's a warning that updating the Control can erase settings, and to write them down first. 

Have functioning BT now and paired the Kiis to my phone just to test that it works - it does. 

Can now impress my friends with songs on their phones through the Kiis.

Cool. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, firedog said:

No, I just saw it there, downloaded the tool and updated. Updated both my speakers and Control to latest versions.

After the update, had to repair my Remote Control with the Kii Control and re-enter boundary settings. There's a warning that updating the Control can erase settings, and to write them down first. 

Have functioning BT now and paired the Kiis to my phone just to test that it works - it does. 

Can now impress my friends with songs on their phones through the Kiis.

Cool. 

I'm not seeing the upgrade tool on the support pages. Perhaps they have taken it down.

1 hour ago, phosphorein said:

I'm not seeing the upgrade tool on the support pages. Perhaps they have taken it down.

http://kiiaudio.helpdocsonline.com/kii-update-tool

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

yes, it seems to be available again, and also the FW is newer than this morning.

The tool is now version 1.0.9 with the firmware for v2.0.

There is als a new nav section on the left now for operation of KC with firmware version 2.0.

Maybe you have to be quick before it gets taken down again....

I downloaded the V1.09 Kii updater on my MacBook pro. It says it connected to both speakers with usb but it crashes at once I push "update" button in the KII Updater application. Can't do any upgrade.. 

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

34 minutes ago, Yellowspider said:

Yes, it´s down.

Thanks. Thought I was going mad ....! Ah well, will wait a while longer. 

2 minutes ago, ragwo said:

I still have access to the site. 

It’s back again. Downloaded Updater, it recognised I have 2 speakers, crashed when I clicked on the app icon. Running Win 10. 

18 minutes ago, Ken Moran said:

Thanks. Thought I was going mad ....! Ah well, will wait a while longer. 

It’s back again. Downloaded Updater, it recognised I have 2 speakers, crashed when I clicked on the app icon. Running Win 10. 

That's might be the reason for Kii taking it down? 

Edit:

Tried to run the program as administrator? 

Kii Three/BXT with Control 

Tannoy Precision 8 iDP/TS112 iDP