IGNORED

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

1 hour ago, ragwo said:

You could also use Sorbothane disks underneath the stands. Good decoupeling and sturdy. Just remember to buy discs for the right weight. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F370999993667

Those look like just the thing - 1 set of 4 per speaker should work well, and not cost an arm and a leg. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

To Kii Three owners:

Are there any of you that listen primarily to classical? Would you directly address the "big" sound of this product for classical music that is fully large scale ie, full symphony orchestras and + chorus + organ, etc as opposed to string quartets, chamber groups, etc. Name specific works if possible.

I am considering purchase and the above description applies to most of my listening. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Bernstein said:

What are using as feet for the stands? I have hardfloor and looking for protective but good sounding solution. 

I use IsoAcoustics Gaia II. Strongly recommended. Some reviews on YouTube, and I conquer with all of them as to how good they are.

KK

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

13 minutes ago, coot said:

To Kii Three owners:

Are there any of you that listen primarily to classical? Would you directly address the "big" sound of this product for classical music that is fully large scale ie, full symphony orchestras and + chorus + organ, etc as opposed to string quartets, chamber groups, etc. Name specific works if possible.

I am considering purchase and the above description applies to most of my listening. Thanks.

The Kii does a great job with large scale orchestral works. As a classical musician I attend quite a few concerts. The Kii come closer to reproducing the live experience than than most systems I’ve heard. They replaced my Watt/Puppies.

5 minutes ago, Bernstein said:

Thanks! The height increases a little, but everyone is impressed...

stromtank in the background?

Yes. Stromtank 2500. I had it for my previous frontend but now Kii's are feeding from it. 

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

Answer I received from Kii upon my question:

The net weights are:
single speaker:             19.2 kg
single speakerstand      21.1kg

I have not filled in with sand yet. I can still add another 10 kilos or so sand.

16 minutes ago, KunterK said:

The net weights are:

I have not filled in with sand yet. I can still add another 10 kilos or so sand.

Actually you can fill in 14kg. 

Interesting: the specs say 15kg and the website 19kg. 

2 hours ago, coot said:

Thank firedog. Exactly the specifics I am looking for.

Sadly, the nearest dealer is 9 hrs away.

Have you talked to them? Will they send you a pair for audition? Or sell a pair with a trial period? Maybe they can help you find an owner closer to you so you can hear a pair?

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

11 hours ago, ragwo said:

You could also use Sorbothane disks underneath the stands. Good decoupeling and sturdy. Just remember to buy discs for the right weight. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F370999993667

Effective and el'cheapo, thanks!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

22 hours ago, KunterK said:

The net weights are:

The specs in the manual are wrong yours are right! 

Did you test them A/B with the feet? Over 600€ is quiet an investment...

38 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

This gets my vote. No such thing as too much sand under speakers. 

I filled mine with sand. Haven’t weighed them because there’s no way I’m going to pick them up. What’s for sure is that they aren’t vibrating....