firedog

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

Rate this topic

Has anyone heard both Kii Three and Dutch and Dutch 8c and why you chose to go one over another? I have read both of Mitch's excellent reviews, just looking for more opinions.

16 hours ago, firedog said:

Just from reading online posts, there are several people who've reacted much like Mitchco: Dutch and Dutch has slightly more powerful bass and a bit warmer sound, and they preferred it. 
There are a couple of others who said they preferred the mid and high end of the Kiis as better revealing detail. 
I haven't heard the D&D, I'm sure they are great. My guess is it comes down to personal taste and the room they are setup in/listening position. Even with all the room defeating tech, the room will still have some influence in what you hear. 
I doubt you can go wrong with either. Do you have any possibility of hearing either at a dealer? 
Even if you can only hear one of them, I' d bet you'd get a pretty good idea if it's something you'd like. 

I plan to travel to hear them when I get closer to purchasing. I am already utterly convinced of the magic of DSP when used with crossovers; I used to be a heavy vinyl listener, heard Linkwitz LX521 with DSP for crossovers instead of active electronics and my mind was blown open. Since then I heard several others and felt the same thing every time. Sold off nearly all of my vinyl collection in the ensuing years and never looked back.

I would love to hear from Kii owners how this Mahler symphony sounds like, I'm particularly interested in the image depth and width, more so if you have the speakers closer to the front wall. With all my conventional speakers they need some distance from the front wall to create that illusion of image depth, but I have never heard Kii and D&D that want to be placed closer to the front wall. Thank you!

https://listen.tidal.com/album/19320601

I chose this since the recording quality is reference quality.