IGNORED

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

1 hour ago, baconbrain said:

Enjoy them! They are really fantastic speakers imo!

Btw., I have added most of your playlist (95%) to the Tidal KII Community one referenced on page 25.

I enjoyed your playlist a lot. One proposal: rather than adding songs which aren't already be listened aka verified 🤣 with the KIIs, I would prefer if you could only add songs which sounds really good as a benchmark playlist. Just a proposal. 

11 minutes ago, baconbrain said:

Thanks and point taken. The only difficult part about that is that the tastes vary so it is a bit challenging to find a list which sounds "really good" for everybody. 

Yes not an easy task. Nevertheless good approach and looking forward to explore new music. Everyone can also create their own „good to go“ playlist picking songs from your playlist. 

12 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

Kii seems to stop (most of ) further audio expenses rather efficiently. Wait, wasn't this the point of such a product in the first placeB|?

Partly yes. Coming from a CD Player type of setup I needed to buy 

- Roon server

- LPS for Roon server and switch 

- „good“ Ethernet cables

- Roon Endpoint

- LPS for Roon Endpoint 

- DC cables 

Just trying to cry 😎

Do anybody can distinguish the stock cable with „better“ one. This is the only thing I don’t want to upgrade. 

1 minute ago, ragwo said:

I feel your wallet's pain, been through the same scenario. After a while and a demo you'll need the BXT's. Haven't demoed BXT yet but still I believe I need a pair, my wife believes I need a reality check. 

Your wife has some humor! 

I tested the BXT against the KII Three (you can switch them of/off). There is a difference, but not worlds! With high SPL yes, but it depends on your room. In my experience there is no bass bump which could be expected. It’s makes the presentation a little more organic and comforts you more with high SPL. Depends totally on your room and listening levels. 

Nevertheless: I will also upgrade in some years 🥳😂🤘

5 hours ago, bobfa said:

So, try this.

Signature Rendu SE has its own LPS!  And does some other interesting software tricks.  MPD, LMS, etc.....

Ghent JSSG360 USB cable (Seems good to me!)

Optical networking from the Rendu.  (I am using Ubiquity on my whole network and they have optical built into my switch)

556790CC-70EF-47A7-B8D7-8673EED32CE4.thumb.jpeg.79201d90452dc1732a1cdee5bb1c353f.jpeg

If you need a Roon Server there are a LOT of options that let you scale up.  

Thanks.

I went with

- Allo DigiOne Signature fed by UpTone LPS 1.2 + Keces P8 for RPI

- Keces P8 for Roon Core and Switch 

- Sonictransporter i5

On 7/6/2019 at 7:04 AM, Bernstein said:

Thanks.

I went with

- Allo DigiOne Signature fed by UpTone LPS 1.2 + Keces P8 for RPI

- Keces P8 for Roon Core and Switch 

- Sonictransporter i5

Forgot to mention: AudioQuest Diamond SPDIF and all DC Cables from Ghent (JSSG360 with Gotham) --> need time too arrive. 

PS: Looking forward to see how the EtherRegen from Uptone could improve things :)

2 minutes ago, ragwo said:

I will upload a picture as soon as possible. I use the fabric underneath, makes it easy to move the speakers around without damaging the floor. Forgot to mention that I use a pair of old Target stands, it's a poor man's solution but works well. 

423538977_Screenshot2019-07-10at11_09_43PM.png.5ddc91dea520e0ae2a29f3fa0c3b6c9f.png

Thanks a lot! Target is not a "poor man's solution". I would rather want to know if the length is compatible with the Kii Three stands. On this picture it looks like, but not really high res to zoom in :( 

16 minutes ago, KunterK said:

Answer I received from Kii upon my question:

The net weights are:
single speaker:             19.2 kg
single speakerstand      21.1kg

I have not filled in with sand yet. I can still add another 10 kilos or so sand.

Actually you can fill in 14kg. 

Interesting: the specs say 15kg and the website 19kg. 

22 hours ago, KunterK said:

Answer I received from Kii upon my question:

The net weights are:
single speaker:             19.2 kg
single speakerstand      21.1kg

I have not filled in with sand yet. I can still add another 10 kilos or so sand.

The specs in the manual are wrong yours are right! 

Did you test them A/B with the feet? Over 600€ is quiet an investment...

8 minutes ago, baconbrain said:

Actually something which I also have contemplated given that the cabinet vibration of the Kii‘s has been measured (read it in a review somewhere...) to be fairly high. Would seem that sand filled stands certainly help but have their limits if the cabinets just rest on top of them ....

6 minutes ago, baconbrain said:

Actually something which I also have contemplated given that the cabinet vibration of the Kii‘s has been measured (read it in a review somewhere...) to be fairly high. Would seem that sand filled stands certainly help but have their limits if the cabinets just rest on top of them ....

The cabinet is vibrating a bit: yes. I tested it intensively and it didn’t bother me. The behavior is handled by the DSP (also the behavior using one space for 4 drivers, rather isolating them from each other)+ it does not radiate audible noise. 

9 minutes ago, KunterK said:

This is what I use to a great effect. 

https://herbiesaudiolab.com/collections/loudspeaker-rack-decoupling-and-isolation

Actually these made a bigger jump in sound quality than the feet. 

I use 3 thin fat dots under each speaker. 

I would prefer the BXT mounting method to the stands. This connection is really innovative and easy to use. With sand filled stands you can improve sound aka decoupling via suitable stands. 

I think Herbies dots also can used on the stands feet on hardfloor.