IGNORED

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

I have my Kii Threes since 2 months now and I'm amazed at their performance. I bought them against a pair of ATC SCM 50A that auditioned at the same time, there was - for me - no contest. The Kii Threes were significantly above what the ATCs did for me, emotionally speaking.

I agree with firedog they are not warm per say, rather natural and precise. 

In general, I am very very pleased at what I got for the money here...not cheap, but clearly providing significant value compared to higher priced alternatives.

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, firedog said:

Prices and availability

The BXT extension will be available individually as well as in a set with Kii THREE loudspeakers from fall 2018 onwards. The prices including VAT are for a pair of BXT in one of the two standard colors high gloss white or graphite silk matt metallic 14.995,00 Euro , for a pair in other colors 16.995,00 Euro . The prices for Kii THREE including the remote control Kii CONTROL amount to 12,480.00 euros in standard colors and 13,480.00 euros for your own color preferences. The prices for the complete system are 27,475.00 Euro in standard colorsand 30,475.00 Euro with custom paint.

prices include VAT. for those outside of Europe you may be able to remove it. 

thanks a lot!

looking forward to reading some reviews from people in munich! :)

• 4 years later...

hey everyone, 

I have been using my Kii Three for 2 years and I would now like to add a subwoofer to them.

2 questions:

1- how is the optimal way to connect a sub to the Kii Three?

2- I am just *thinking* at this point about adding a KEF KC62 (Frequency Response (-3dB) 11Hz). Would this work?

If you have good alternatives in a similar price range I would be happy to know (budget 1-2K) :) 

Thank you!

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Emlin said:

What makes you think that it would be an upgrade? There's zero chance that there would be an audible difference just from swapping the amps. 

isn't that a bit of a bold statement? i'm not saying you're wrong, I just wouldn't know and not sure you would either unless you have info I don't have. Mind sharing your thoughts there?

1 hour ago, firedog said:

I tend to agree with him. In general the main upside of Purifi amps is very low distortion and suitability for stability in 2 ohm loads.

Extremely doubtful you can hear the difference in the already minimal amount of distortion. And  inside the Kii, the specialized NCore type amps are already specifically designed for the Kii's. I doubt there's any problem of matching to the drivers. 

I'd think the only way there could be a difference would be if there is some significant change in the power profile of the amps. Doubt there is. If there was some significant sound difference, I'm sure Kii would be trumpeting it instead of keeping it low "key "(sorry).

My guess is that either there are economic (cost) advantages in using the Purifi amps, and/or just the desire to be up to date and have "the best"; this woluld also apply if we can assume any future Kii speakers will use Purifi. There are lots of reasons then to start using them already. There could, of course, be some kind of legal, administrative, or licensing advantage to using Purifi. Especially as there is some common ownership between the companies.

great insights, thank you for sharing and educating me :)