IGNORED

Article: Music Storage, New Music, Remote Access, and a Cool Streamer Project

3 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

How long will they store it for $550?

Forever!! It just gets copied from the server that you ship back to them onto a BackBlaze B2 server and then you can continue to add new syncs and updates to via online Cloud backup as you would do normally and you also will have online cloud access to all of those files and can also select to share them, etc. 

Another nice thing about the BackBlaze B2 is that if you need to restore your files or drives (in your NAS for a rebuild) or to a failed drive, etc. They will ship you external hard drives with your backup data on them for you to use for restore / rebuild and if you ship them back in 30 days the cost just gets credited back to your credit card (I think they charge like $179 per 4TB drive but if you ship the drive back they credit you back, so realty it's free minus shipping costs). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.8.2017 at 10:08 PM, agladstone said:

we need to create a CA "NAS" Buddy program!! 

Wheras (I've been thinking about this concept for a few days now) you "Buddy up" with another CA NAS user and each of you have a backup of your NAS going to the other Buddy's NAS! 

Of course this would require that each of the "Buddies" has the ability to store the backup of the others, so it would probably require that each person had an 8 or 9 bay NAS and was only using 4 bays or so for their own purposes. 

This would work and the "Buddy's" could pay for (ship to the other buddy via amazon, etc) the Hard Drives used for their off-site backup, but really if each person just bought their own extra drives and or extension attachments, it's exactly the same difference anyhow?? 

Any thoughts on this idea?? 

Jottacloud offers this ?

https://support.jottacloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/202224423-How-do-I-share-a-folder-

No need of sending HD's or NAS in post. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2017 at 5:23 PM, agladstone said:

Thanks for the information. 

Its odd, they offer a custom plan option, if I select 10TB of total storage and 1TB of daily usage allowed the price is $840 per yr or 85/ mo   

However their unlimited plan is only 9.99 / mo or 99.00/ yr. 

I wonder if this means what they call "unlimited", really has some un-written limits?  Otherwise, why would a custom plan with 1TB upload and download per day and 10TB of total allowed storage cost 8 times more than what they call the "unlimited" plan?? 

From my reading of their plans, only the custom plan allows media libraries, or NAS, backup. The personal, and personal unlimited, specifically don’t allow NAS backup or media library storage. You could theoretically stream your files from the custom plan, as long as your bandwidth allows.

For  backup purposes only, the unlimited plan for $99/yr looks the best. I would consider  it for backing up my sub-terabyte library to the site, and get it to sync my library across my computers. (NAS, audio PC, office computer and laptop)

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys