IGNORED

DISTORTION EXCLUSIVE MODE TIDAL

Yes! And as I understand it the problem is at TIdal's end.

I corresponded with Tidal for many weeks on this subject. I was using an iMac running OS Maverick and a Geek Pulse DAC. The DAC is not maximized for TIDAL use but I should have been able to obtain the first "unfold." And occasionally I was able to. But it was not consistent and ultimately the distortion WAS consistent.

Tidal told me it was an MQA software problem. So I checked directly with MQA and learned that was NOT true. (Tidal later apologized for the "misunderstanding.") Tidal then told me they were working on a fix which should come out in a new Tidal release. To my knowledge that has never happened.

Then...my iMac died (after 10 years). I replaced it with a new one running the latest Mac OS. The problem vanished. No more distortion. Master files play very well.

You should know Tidal advised me that simply updating my Mac OS software on the old machine would not guarantee a fix for the problem so I never tried that. How much of the fix was new software and how much new computer hardware, I don't know.

You should definitely contact Tidal and ask for help.