IGNORED

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered at UpToneAudio.com!

On 8/17/2017 at 12:33 AM, Cornan said:

I have a ISORegen plus an additional USPCB on order. I already know that it will be impossible to use the USPCB both pre & post ISORegen due to space requirements. My question is if anyone here have tried to use the Audioquest dragon tail with the USPCBs? I am planning to buy it and use it together with the USPCB between my Aries Mini and ISORegen and have the other USPCB between ISORegen and Brooklyn DAC.

http://www.audioquest.com/dragontail/dragontail-for-android-devices

dt-top-view.thumb.jpg.ebacf2c34170bc3219e5d113dd67fc53.jpg

Any SQ impressions with the combo would be appreciated! :)

I’m extremely interested in this combination as well.

Now that Ive moved to an ultraRendu, Ive had to give up using my USPCB and back to a USB cable. I miss the sweet clean highs and midrange of the USPCB. The DragonTail option might physically fit for me, but how much affect does it have on the USPCB sound quality? Or would a newer replacement cable be better than a piggy backed combo of smaller connections?

Yes Ive tried a short Curious, did not like the sound of it.

41 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Why ?

Cause of power or ethernet or both ?

Did you have a straight or 90 degree USPCB ?

What is UltraRendu connected to ?

Because of the limited space for components and Ethernet and USB and my analog cables.  If I had some more (flexible) connection I could have the UR somehow attached to the shelf above. Even with more/flexible connection it may be difficult. And yes it would help if the UR had Ethernet/power in at one end and USB out at the other end.  

Yes already have the 90 degree version which helps with the mR but doesn’t solve things for the uR.

Your photo is inspiring (seriously). My DAC is the Chord 2Qute which is almost the same width as a uR, with separate analog outs and power very close and it’s all up high on a shelf with thick and stiff CAT6, so its all very limiting. Just the weight of a uR would probably pull the 2Qute off my shelf.

Another question to the brains trust here, is what other extremely short USB cables are worth considering? 

I had a closer look at the space I have and the limitations and the only way I could get the uR and the DAC connected properly with a USPCB is with a custom made shelf / harness.

In fact to even get them connected with a short 15cm cable or DragonTail, I would need at least some sort of construction so that the uR could fit over the top of the DAC with the USB cable looped down from above.

And checking out the DragonTail its a good 15cm anyway, so why not just use a single cable of the same length?

So failing a new longer flexible ribbon version of the USPCB.., I am now looking for the next best thing, a second best to the USPCB - a very high quality short USB cable.

But R1200CL you have definitely got me thinking about some sort of custom connection rig.

• 4 months later...