IGNORED

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered at UpToneAudio.com!

May be a dumb question, but is there a real benefit by adding additional USPCP before the galvanic isolated (any brand) in Addition to post galvanic ? So one can get the shortest path from PC to the  galvanic device as well ? Since it is before galvanic isolation would it matter ? If it helps I may order 2 USPCP and put my lab top behind the DAC back to back.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Superdad said:

The UpTone USPCB Adapters are impedance-controlled 4-layer circuit boards which are simply a substitute for a cable.  They are passive and there is no magic to them.  Thus adding one to an extension cable defeats their purpose.  The whole point is to use them instead of a cable. That is the only time they can provide a benefit.

Hope that makes sense.

I have used some cheap USB 3 adaptors/couplers to attach to the USPCB so that it is just long enough for my DAC to be next to my PC. It still sounds better than the regular USB cable. Now an optical USB cable like the Corning may still beat this set up. But I can't compare a single USPCB with a single optical cable due to physical constraint. However using USPCB + optical USB cable seems to work fine,  surely beating a regular copper USB cable. The Vbus off also helps a bit if your DAC does not need Vbus. 

Oh and the other option is to chain up a few USPCB together to make it long enough, but you would still need at least 1 USB coupler/adaptor.

USPCB ---> USB coupler ----> USPCB