IGNORED

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered at UpToneAudio.com!

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered, but could a short USB extension cable be used with the USPCB?  I would presume that a USB A (male) to A (female) cable would be a better choice (i.e. USPCB at DAC input) than a USB B (female) to B (male) cable (i.e. USPCB at source output)? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

The UpTone USPCB Adapters are impedance-controlled 4-layer circuit boards which are simply a substitute for a cable.  They are passive and there is no magic to them.  Thus adding one to an extension cable defeats their purpose.  The whole point is to use them instead of a cable. That is the only time they can provide a benefit.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Alex.

I’ve just acquired an OpticalRendu and it’s not possible to position it close enough to the Singxer SU-1; I’d probably need a 90-degree USPCB to have any chance. R1200CL’s efforts show that it is possible I guess.

• 8 months later...
32 minutes ago, Crustacean said:

For me the UpTone USPCB out of my microRendu was such a striking improvement (over even a quite good cable—thanks Alex & John) that I, too, would love to see a new model USPCB that's long enough to work with the design choices of the opticalRendu (which I don't yet own but would like to), where the fiber-in and USB-out are on the same side of the device (some of us don't have DACs as conveniently slim as R1200CL's Singxer SU1, pictured above!) So, that would mean just long enough for the fiber cable going into the oR to bend out of the way and clear the back of the DAC. Of course, from an engineering standpoint I have no idea if that would feasible or advisable.

Spot on, couldn’t agree more. I have an OpticalRendu and a modified SU-1 - and the wrong orientation of USPCB, sadly (so it’s in a drawer doing nothing).