IGNORED

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered at UpToneAudio.com!

38 minutes ago, Steffenegede said:

Hi, has anyone experienced any burn in time with the Uptone uspcb, and how long before it settles approximately? I installed it yesterday and it sounded great, today it sounds harsh and confused. I also put in a couple of new ultracaps and everything sounded great yesterday (same time a day and nothing changed). I know there's probably some break in time on the devices, but reading other's experiences it's seems they usually improves from day to day. I've only experienced something similar when breaking in rhodium receptacles, that's quite a roller coaster ride, changing from good/bad several times before settling in.

This subject has been discussed ad infinitum. While, the sound reproduction of speaker and headphone transducers, and other components with mechanical components, like phono cartridges, can change with wear, an inert piece of metal, a length of wire, or a simple electronic circuit cannot not magically transform from sounding good to sounding terrible and then sounding good again.

What's going on here is your brain is perceiving the sound differently. Whether it is expectation bias, or the the complex interaction between you ears, brain, and environment, that's what's altering your perception of sound. Simply moving your head while in your favorite listening position can change sound. I don't understand why supposed audiophiles cannot accept this concept.

I have tinnitus, and my hearing it's all over the place from day to day. High, low, loud, slight. You may not have hearing damage per se, but the reality is the same.