Hello

actually CMedia is very difficult. But for some models there seem's to be a way. I'll try to get the guy over here who was succesful in doing so.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Quick follow up. I also have kernel streaming in jriver. It shows as "Speaker (kernel streaming)" while the first one I saw was "Schiit Eitr (WASAPI)". When I saw no other Schiit choices I thought that was the only one. At least kernel streaming will allow switching back to core mode if I'm unable to get ASIO working. Unless I get an official driver from Schiit for ASIO, I'll stick with kernel streaming.

Off to listen to music now..

2 hours ago, George Hincapie said:

Why should they? They have stated server OS aren't supported so use one that is. Or use a dedicated server or streamer.

How about to promote a wide customer base especially among audiophile some of whom use Windows 2012 which happens to be popular here, a very popular site dedicated to expanding the boundaries of computer audio?

Do you have an Eitr or an Yggy with the new board? Have any helpful ideas?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello

actually CMedia is very difficult. But for some models there seem's to be a way. I'll try to get the guy over here who was succesful in doing so.

Best,

AudioPhil

Thanks Phil. I am using AO also but tried all of the drivers before doing so.

System

1 hour ago, lasker98 said:

I've successfully installed a driver. In my case, for win2012r2, I used the Gen 2/Gen 5 1.16 driver for win 8/7. In jriver it shows up as a wasapi driver but at least I can play music. I'll play around more later and see if I can figure out how to get ASIO working. I tried the Schiit ASIO driver but so far I couldn't get it to install. 

I selected the Eitr in device manager and selected "update driver software". Then "browse my computer for driver software". Next I selected "let me pick from a list....". For my previous failed attempts I had been using the "search for driver software in this location" option. I think this is the crucial difference. Then in the next window, I selected "have disk" and browsed to the .inf file in the 1.16\win81\softwaredriver\driver folder (CMUACWO.inf). From there I had a couple different warnings but just chose "ok" and the driver installed! Hopefully this will work for others using the same procedure but maybe try the "Gen 3 Drivers for Yggdrasil" for yggy instead of the driver I used for Eitr.

So not total success yet but I'm at least able to listen to music for the night using Wasapi in gui mode for now. Baby steps for now.

Great news. I tried that driver but may not have done it in exactly that way. I am still holding out hope for ASIO but his is progress. Thanks for the help!

System

@lasker98 Excellent !! Perseverance prevails ... Thanks for sharing your experience.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

10 hours ago, mourip said:

How about to promote a wide customer base especially among audiophile some of whom use Windows 2012 which happens to be popular here, a very popular site dedicated to expanding the boundaries of computer audio?

Do you have an Eitr or an Yggy with the new board? Have any helpful ideas?

What I am trying to say is that your use case must represent a fraction of 1% of use cases, so why would you expect them to invest any energy to make yours work? From any reasonable perspective it makes no business sense, sorry.

I have mulled over an Yggdrasil for at least the last 6 months and finally ordered one last night, so I am an interested party. I have also just bought a Vortexbox Prestige 2 MX server. My chain will be:

Server > Ethernet > HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro & LPSU > Yggdrasil > Passive Pre > Mono Blocks > Speakers

I have to say that the Yggdrasil isn't actually the DAC I want. I am a Metrum fan and really want the Parvane or the Adagio but my wife would murder me for spending so much, so I will try the Yggdrasil and see what the fuss is about. If I don't like it then I'll settle for the new Metrum Onyx/Jade.

I see your point about a business decision but feel that a company like Schiit might benefit by helping users like those on CA who try to push the envelop a bit. When manufacturers listen to their customers they can make beneficial financial decisions by cooperatively enhancing their product. I guess that I can see their position with Win2012 but they definitely could do better with Windows 10.

I hope that you will enjoy the Yggy and that you have an easier time with the Linux drivers. I actually have two Yggys: one for my speaker system and one for my headphone system which is the one I am experimenting with using Windows 10. I definitely find the Yggy to be far more musical and tonally natural than the string of Saber based DACs that I tried before it. It is a remarkable device for "bang for the buck" and also in an absolute sense.

If you get a chance try the AES input. In my system it definitely surpasses the USB input.

System

9 hours ago, lasker98 said:

Holy Schiit!! Even listening in gui mode with kernel streaming compared to core mode and native ASIO, I'm thrilled with the Eitr compared to the SOtM dX-USB HD. Still early going but very happy.

Excellent. I will put my 2012 SSD boot drive back in and see if I can get KS working especially with Audiophile Optimizer.

System

34 minutes ago, mourip said:

Excellent. I will put my 2012 SSD boot drive back in and see if I can get KS working especially with Audiophile Optimizer.

I hope it works for you. I can't see why it wouldn't. We both seemed to be having the exact same problem. The main thing in getting the driver installed successfully appears to be going the "have disk" route which allows the selection of the actual .inf file instead of only being able to select a folder.

Feel free to post any questions if you have issues. I'll be glad to help if I can.

I look forward to hearing your listening impressions. I don't have much more to add at this point regarding listening impressions, other than +10 on what I said last night. Even under less than optimal conditions (kernel streaming, gui mode instead of core,  no AO, Eitr not placed permanently since I wanted to see if it would even work before removing SOtM and it's lps) I'm amazed at the difference I heard between the Eitr and the SOtM + lps. Very, very happy so far.

3 hours ago, lasker98 said:

.... I'm amazed at the difference I heard between the Eitr and the SOtM + lps. Very, very happy so far.

Interesting impression ! I found the mR feeding the EITR was a small but worthwhile improvement. Better quality soundstage depth.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

I made an interesting discovery today whilst burning in my new Eitr on my bedroom system comprising an SMS200 (with sBooster power supply) > Supra USB > Uptone Amber Regen > Uptone USPCB > Denafrips Ares.

Trying out the Eitr first without the Amber Regen in the chain showed an improvement, eliminating a slightly bright treble presentation that I felt was present with the Regen, though YMMV.

Putting back the Amber Regen into the chain and playing some music, I was taken aback at how much the sound quality had suddenly improved, with the soundstage taking on more depth and with vocals sounding even more wonderful.  To me, this was not a small difference, it was very noticeable.

My new (though rather complicated) chain now looks like this: SMS200 (with sBooster power supply) > Supra USB > Uptone Amber Regen > Uptone USPCB > Eitr > Audioquest coaxial cable > Denafrips Ares.

I'm now wondering if it's only me or if anyone else who has tried a combination of Regen (Amber or ISO) + Eitr can share their experience here...

I tried a Schiit Eitr and in my system (note that I use balanced AC mains power) a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC plus Intona USB isolator sound better than the Schiit Eitr (with or without Intona) feeding the Modi Multibit. Possible explanations are: no Eitr means one leaky power supply less and/or the coaxial input of the Modi Multibit is suboptimal..

Some interesting divergences of impressions so far !! Some are hearing that EITR SQ can indeed be improved ... some not. Keep those impressions coming.

As an aside ... For Audirvana/Network Player users, version 3.1 has been released, which reportedly also has some further SQ optimisations. Sounds good in my microRendu/USPCB/EITR chain. 

13 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

With my nearfield setup with a balanced power setup using a Topaz isolation transformer, I found that my Mimby sounds just as good with the Eitr as it it did with the ISO Regen/LPS-1 combination. Both sound quite a bit better than plain USB.

Did you use the original Meanwell SMPS for the LPS-1?

@Abtr IIRC ... UpTone have stated that the type of energiser for the LPS-1 makes no difference (technically) ... atho' some say there is a difference. I use an iFi iPower as I already had one.