IGNORED

ultraRendu or sMS-200Ultra?

• 2 weeks later...

I had always been sotm, just because they always come up with new ideas and able to execute before other does.

They might be slower in LPS area but i'm sure they will come along just fine. but a fair compare is always welcome.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

• 1 month later...

Hi @thyname

+1

I'm a bit amazed that no one has done this comparison or shootout yet!

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Yes, this seems like its the most secret comparison in the whole world, it is like it has been forbidden for those who wants to show it, even in the internet you can't find anything and when you get close, the comments are so vague, things like... "Oh yes the SOtM-sMS200ultra that i have is fantastic but i could live happy with the Ultra rendu", there are no info that shows you how close or far are these components with each other, CA Chris, has both and nothing yet!

Weird!

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

32 minutes ago, limniscate said:

Audiobacon.net has compared the two. You might want to email him.

Thanks, I've just done that.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Just to add a 'me too', I also would love to hear an in depth comparison between the two... I've been following this thread for months!

5 hours ago, thyname said:

Here is what a person that shall remain nameless just wrote me:

—————

ultraRendu has more resolution but sMS200ultra is warmer and more musical. uR plays DSD to Chord DAVE perfectly, sMS-200ultra skips while playing DSD64. 

It's concerning that the sMS-200ultra skips... whaaaa?  I wonder if this is due to processing power, memory, or if it could be easily mitigated with a firmware or driver update (or perhaps it already has been).  Or, perhaps it's a handshake issue between that particular DAC... Typical computer problems (shrug).

Just to confirm. I own chord dave and sms-200ultra and I have no issue with DSD64. And remain nameless part make me concerned with that interns purpose . 

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

5 minutes ago, ismewor said:

Just to confirm. I own chord dave and sms-200ultra and I have no issue with DSD64. And remain nameless part make me concerned with that interns purpose . 

I cannot in good faith disclose names for stuff emailed me privately. Sorry

40 minutes ago, thyname said:

I cannot in good faith disclose names for stuff emailed me privately. Sorry

No worries, I’m not concern who. I just want to say that sms-200ultra will not skip on dsd64