IGNORED

Album Artwork in regards to: Smart playlists, disappearances and sizes

So before I ask my questions I will point out I did already clear the cache folder and restart my laptop.

I just needed some clarifications on some topics regarding the album artwork. If someone could explain it to me, that would be awesome. Last year I spent a good amount of time adding album artwork to all of my music, I know its pointless but honestly it was a great relaxation thing for me. And a huge sense of accomplishment when I was done, as silly as it sounds. 

1. For songs that were in mp3 format that I added artwork to (Get info > Artwork tab> Select and click okay), it saved just fine into the metadata and I just noticed out of no where a handful of songs no longer had it. I know someone asked this already but I didn't quite get why. It wasn't any specific artists or anything, just random songs. And they were there for a good year and randomly just disappeared. Some people mentioned corruptions, but I'm just wondering why the metadata would get corrupt but not the song? Its not like its a part of an image or something, its just simply not there. Its not a huge bother, but I'm just curious. 

2. I created a smart playlist with the options, has artwork, is false. Some of the songs show an actual image but when you go into the get info and album tab it's not there. Just wondering how that works, or exactly why that is. 

3. Some of the tracks I may have gotten a bit lazy when I couldn't find a 600x600 image so they have larger images, which would obviously take up more space. I meant to correct those, but is there any way to tell which ones on windows? 

None of these things are really huge problems, but I figure since I already invested so much time figuring it out and customizing, I should understand what exactly is going on. Thanks for your time, have a great day!

I've never figured out if artwork is stored in a separate single file for all songs (a database) or in separate files.

1st - you are in iTunes on a mac? or on a PC?

2nd - where did the music come from? ws it downloaded from Apple or ??

This URL has large artwork for some albums:

https://bendodson.com/projects/itunes-artwork-finder/

I use iTunes to play ripped CDs (and I recommend that to you for sound quality) and have not had many artwork problems (except your #2 which I fixed) but there is another artwork on iTunes problems thread on here if nobody answers exactly for you.

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I've never figured out if artwork is stored in a separate single file for all songs (a database) or in separate files.

While some programmes contain files with the artwork on the music, the mp4 (ALAC and AAC) and AIFF files themselves have artwork attached to them (if previously done so). How do I know? I rip my CDs on one computer, and add album art on XLD before the rip. After the rip, I transfer these files to another computer, where I load them on to iTunes. The album art appears without any problem. If the music files did not contain the album art, these would be missing when I import the files to iTunes on my other computer.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...