IGNORED

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital: MQA HW decoding at reasonable cost

On 6/6/2019 at 9:33 PM, Jud said:

Perhaps you knew this was coming: In what respect(s) do you feel the Pro-Ject is much more appealing?  :) 

Dear  Judd,

I always trust my own ears . 📢

At your request a concise summary with key words: 😁

• a better definition in terms of voices and musical instruments 
  • more dynamics ....less laid back.... than the TEACs
  • a better stereo image and more depth resp.layers

PS. Music upsampled by HQplayer to native DSD 256 transported via Allo  USBridge, Uptone Regen (amber) => DAC

This Pro-dac Dac is a bargain compared to Dacs that cost a lot more money/

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

• 5 months later...

Hi all, 

My new Usbridge Sig and Shanti installed. First impression a league better than my previous Usbridge feeded  by Sbooster and IfiPower.

But I use the 5v, 1a second power supply to feed my Project Pre Box  S2  digital too with the Shanti supply.  I my opinion UsbBridge Sig and Project makes 1 + 1 = 3

Ps. I use the Usbridge Os-DietPi as NAA for HQ- Player 4.1.2 in combination with the Uptone USB Regen and shunted (JS) smps. 

Next step might be to upgrade to USB to the Uptone USB Regen and Lp2 power supply.

Dear Allo you have done a very nice step in development.😄

Ps. 2 Allo support told me for the time being not to update the latest DietPi version!

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable