IGNORED

Sonore - Audirvana Plus 3.1 Output Mode

.... the mystery remains murky ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

There is no mystery as fas as I know:) When you place the Rendu in MPD/DLNA output mode and check that it supports native DSD that is what it's expecting. A+ arranges for whatever resampling rate you set in it's preferences and afterwards it presents a URL to the Rendu for that stream. The Rendu then takes that stream (either PCM or DSD) and it outputs to your device via the appropriate format which are all listed in DAC Diagnostics. In the case of DSD it uses the native DSD driver built into Linux if your DAC supports it. As an example the resulting rate of 88.2 in DAC Diagnostics is what is used for DSD64.  

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

As an example the resulting rate of 88.2 in DAC Diagnostics is what is used for DSD64.  

Jesus, this makes no sense to me?  If we are talking about native DSD, to the DAC, what does 88.2 KHz have to do with it?  

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

20 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

solve for r:

DSD64 = 44.1 x 64 = 2822.4 

2822.4 = r x 32

There are no bits (i.e. 32) in a native DSD stream, not sure what you are saying here.  Sure R=88.2 in your equation, but if we are sending native DSD (1) to a DAC, it should be a sample rate of 2.8224 MHz, or 2822.4 kHz (as you wrote).  Is this just some way linux looks at DSD?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

21 minutes ago, barrows said:

There are no bits (i.e. 32) in a native DSD stream, not sure what you are saying here.  Sure R=88.2 in your equation, but if we are sending native DSD (1) to a DAC, it should be a sample rate of 2.8224 MHz, or 2822.4 kHz (as you wrote).  Is this just some way linux looks at DSD?

It's just another way to transmit the data over USB. All that matters is that it's bit perfect DSD to your DAC. Again your DAC has to support it and if not you need to use DoP. 

9 hours ago, matthias said:

Am I right that this question has nothing to do with Sonore?

So we can move further discussion to the Audirvana 3.1 thread in the software section.

Matt

disagree: this is about how A+ and the Rendu products work together in delivering DSD, especially native DSD and high rate DSD, to a DAC, at least that is what I am trying to understand.

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, barrows said:

disagree: this is about how A+ and the Rendu products work together in delivering DSD, especially native DSD and high rate DSD, to a DAC, at least that is what I am trying to understand.

is there now a definitive answer whether native DSD (not DoP) is possible via Ethernet?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 25/11/2017 at 11:09 AM, vortecjr said:

There is no mystery as fas as I know:) When you place the Rendu in MPD/DLNA output mode and check that it supports native DSD that is what it's expecting. A+ arranges for whatever resampling rate you set in it's preferences and afterwards it presents a URL to the Rendu for that stream. The Rendu then takes that stream (either PCM or DSD) and it outputs to your device via the appropriate format which are all listed in DAC Diagnostics. In the case of DSD it uses the native DSD driver built into Linux if your DAC supports it. As an example the resulting rate of 88.2 in DAC Diagnostics is what is used for DSD64.  

So, this check box under MPD/DLNA settings should be checked if you use mac os & A+? - what does it do in regard to A+?

This will enable Direct DSD to your DAC instead of DoP. Your DAC must support Direct DSD to use this feature.”

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

19 hours ago, matthias said:

is there now a definitive answer whether native DSD (not DoP) is possible via Ethernet?

Thanks

Matt

There was never any doubt in my mind:) In fact, if you use the MPD/DLNA output mode you can also send native DSD to a micro/ultraRendu via a Mac running MinimServer, JRiver, Roon, or HQ player. LMS can also do it, but you need a certain version and or a special plug-in to do it.     

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having no luck getting A+ 3.2 to work with my MR. Unlike Roon, which was pretty much a flawless install, A+ routinely crashes, fails to output music to the MR, and seems to have difficulty syncing to my libraries. Running High Sierra and SonicOrbiter 2.5. It has worked -- and sounds great when it does -- but will not work consistently. Grateful for any tips from the community here.

best,

k

43 minutes ago, Kirkwall said:

I'm having no luck getting A+ 3.2 to work with my MR. Unlike Roon, which was pretty much a flawless install, A+ routinely crashes, fails to output music to the MR, and seems to have difficulty syncing to my libraries. Running High Sierra and SonicOrbiter 2.5. It has worked -- and sounds great when it does -- but will not work consistently. Grateful for any tips from the community here.

Did you update to the latest version, AFAIK 3.2.3?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Well, months into 3.1 ... there’s been no fix for A+ into ultraRendu - & Roon works perfectly all the while. Done the round of support access.

12 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Well, months into 3.1 ... there’s been no fix for A+ into ultraRendu - & Roon works perfectly all the while. Done the round of support access.

I'm sorry it's not working for you. To be clear A+ does work on the ultraRendu. Maybe best to send it in for service so we can rule out the unit itself.  

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to let everyone know that there is now a firmware update available that will allow you to use A+ with a Sonore Rendu (i2s/SPDIF) unit and Sonore Signature Rendu (i2s/SPDIF) unit. If you have one of these and want to give it a try email me at [email protected] for the procedure.

• 4 months later...

@Jamesroy:

Are you talking about Audirvana preferences?  For DoP streaming settings you need to use the sonicorbiter web interface, not A+ preferences when you are streaming (Ethernet) via A+.

As for Direct Mode, I am not sure that even applies when streaming via A+, that would be, a question for @damien78.

Note that the available settings and preferences for A+ are a little different when streaming by Ethernet vs. playing direct out.

SONORE computer audio