IGNORED

USB audio cracked... finally!

I was half expecting something to put the Epitome or Trifecta to shame :D

But I am excited what this Lush cable can do to my setup. I currently have the Allo Sparky USBridge with a measured USB noise output of 12 uV. It can pull out more detail alone, compared to when paired with an ISO Regen, but lessens the 'musicality' which I will be needing to restore.

Similar to you Mani, I sold off my microRendu to look for better. Back in that USB rabbit hole again :/

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Doak said:

Must say that for some strange reason this strikes me as mildly amusing. 9_9

I got my Lush less than 24 hours via UPS shipping from ordering :D. Incidentally for the ISO Regen 1st day madness, I was part of the delayed 2nd/3rd wave despite ordering less than 4 minutes from the start. No gripes of course x-D.

Early impressions: Lush+ISO Regen = Incredible! USB Audio nailed.

@manisandher The Lush has greatly improved my dCS Debussy so it can be added to the list.

It is a DAC that doesn't require VBUS, but not entirely sure if that means still connected or not.

I will post (if helpful) comparisons for Lush powering the ISO Regen (optimal?) or have the Lush after as some have recommended.

2 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

If Alex's ISO Regen did all he claimed there is no way this cable could make the difference he hears.

Unless Alex has the Lush AFTER the Iso Regen. ;)

Was the Iso Regen marketed as being cable immune, or immune to noise from (computer) source?

8 minutes ago, Guidof said:

The latter I find quite interesting, as in my experience, any differences (and hopefully improvements) resulting from a change in system components are more easily perceived when listening to a wide variety of music -- good an mediocre performances, good or bad recordings, different genres, and so on.

+1 to that! A great component should help determine if you listen to more of your music collection (both Lush and Iso Regen score on that). Previous 'bad' recordings may end up being 'good' after all. 'Stress' testing components in shoot out fashion, even in sighted mode, with 'great' recordings is difficult to know what is an improvement, and wrong conclusions can follow.

I liked @PeterSt recent post on the 'wow' effect of cable changes. What matters is enjoying your music collection in a non-fatiguing way, yet each track draws you in for longer and longer.

54 minutes ago, manisandher said:

I’d like to start a thread on CA about the Lush at some point. I know the objectivists will come out en masse to discredit it, stating that it is voodoo, and that, in any case, a properly designed DAC shouldn’t need it, etc., etc. But I feel that I owe it to real ‘music lovers’ to make them aware of the Lush – even if only a few go for it, I would feel that the effort of posting about it has been worthwhile.

I can put some and a lot of trust into a manufacturer who is a 'music lover' to design a product, a 'music lover' to recommend it, and other 'music lovers' to benefit and share. 

I'm sorry to see some such members take offence to those who won't buy into this. I appreciate they have a right to think differently, especially when we all have different systems and ways to enjoy this hobby. I'm also thankful there has been no 'en masse' crucifying, sometimes it has been a bit of a laugh.

Thanks to all!

1 hour ago, CuteStudio said:

If I buy a faster car I'll be told about the turbo, the tyres, why the windscreen glass is thinner, what the adblue does etc. Facts.
What exactly is unreasonable about my question?

Me, I'll just get a test drive that gives me the answers, if it's faster than the previous car, I'll know alright ^_^

8 minutes ago, lmitche said:

He is just two hundred euros and a few days away from owning a Lush cable.

Sorry, but with the lengthy posts, I can't see that happening. Even if the Lush was discounted to $1.58 for his sake, I wouldn't even count on it 9_9. It's too mind blowing to be proven wrong. Even investing disproportionate hours into posting here can be more than the 200 Euro punt, but still..the belief is too strong.

6 hours ago, CuteStudio said:

Thank-you for the personal insult, I'm not sure why why my reasonable question warranted that response.

Peter was the first person to say what an intelligent post yours was. If you got the chance to interact with him more you wouldn't react in this manner.

36 minutes ago, CuteStudio said:

A host of angry posters attack me personally because somehow, I'm the bad person here. How does that work?

You should report any such attacks because they break the rules. Even though I haven't seen it, I haven't seen anyone say you are a bad person. At best, 'uninformed' ;)