IGNORED

Let's talk about SOTM SMS-200 ULTRA

22 minutes ago, octaviars said:

Well I got music playing again with a new SD card loaded with v4.0 firmware after I figured out it needs to be formated with EXT3 to work as it seems. I encountered problem upgrading from Eunhasu web GUI to v4.14 so I will leave it for now and talk to May at SOtM how to proceed.

im sure 4.22 is up on their webpage for a re-burn version .. might be easier to go from 4.22 to current version ..

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

8 minutes ago, Boomboy said:

im sure 4.22 is up on their webpage for a re-burn version .. might be easier to go from 4.22 to current version ..

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

4.22 is the latest version I think but I get a problem when writing that image to the SD card (writing process is ok but the check fails in imageUSB program).

Is all the different versions available somwere? I cant seem to find anyone else but v4.0 and v4.22 that are on SOtM re-burn page

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
1 minute ago, octaviars said:

4.22 is the latest version I think but I get a problem when writing that image to the SD card (writing process is ok but the check fails in imageUSB program).

Is all the different versions available somwere? I cant seem to find anyone else but v4.0 and v4.22 that are on SOtM re-burn page

I’ve got this exact same problem. 4.22 fails every time, even on a brand new 32GB card.

4.0 works but then when I use Eunhasu to upgrade to 4.14 it just hangs at 88% every time.

2 minutes ago, octaviars said:

ah ok .. i been there myself with these upgrades and it can be messy at times .. like reinstalling 3 times for it to work and then unistalling MPD and reintalling that to work . might be 4.23 being the latest version . only the versions in the link are available to d/load .

try again with 4.22 .. it can take a couple of times for some of us to work .

9 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

I’ve got this exact same problem. 4.22 fails every time, even on a brand new 32GB card.

4.0 works but then when I use Eunhasu to upgrade to 4.14 it just hangs at 88% every time.

it can be stubborn .. may did have 4.2 on the page .. but now its 4.22 , so i never tried that .  4.2 as a re-burn image was good , so maybe contact may from sotm to see if she can put 4.2 back up ?

15 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

I’ve got this exact same problem. 4.22 fails every time, even on a brand new 32GB card

Do you mean in imageUSB it fails the check? Someting that the image is not the same as the card?

15 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

Exaktly this happened to me today.

12 minutes ago, Boomboy said:

try again with 4.22 .. it can take a couple of times for some of us to work .

I have tried it several times and it fails everytime in imageUSB.

The funny thing is that the 8GB SD card that was in my Ultra from the begining seems to not work at all I cant even clean it in DISKPART so something must have happened to it. If I try to write an image to it in imageUSB it fails directly.

I think we need to wait for @MayfromSOtM to check in to this and tell us how to proceed. I can live with v4.0 for now as I got music playing again (I bypassed the sMS Ultra and run my NUC directly to tX-USBultra during the downtime and that worked really well also).

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system
3 minutes ago, octaviars said:

Do you mean in imageUSB it fails the check? Someting that the image is not the same as the card?

Exaktly this happened to me today.

I have tried it several times and it fails everytime in imageUSB.

The funny thing is that the 8GB SD card that was in my Ultra from the begining seems to not work at all I cant even clean it in DISKPART so something must have happened to it. If I try to write an image to it in imageUSB it fails directly.

I think we need to wait for @MayfromSOtM to check it to this and tell us how to proceed. I can live with v4.0 for now as I got music playing again (I bypassed the sMS Ultra and run my NUC directly to tX-USBultra during the downtime and that worked really well also).

Yes, 4.22 fails on the check for me.

Yes, we’ll have to wait for May to provide a solution.

3 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

Ok, well right now it feels a bit better to know that it is not a problem only with my gear ?

Main system

Second system

Does anybody have information on the part that was swapped out on the neo upgrade?  I really don't want to wait any longer for this if it is simply changing out a capacitor.  I don't understand what the shroud of secrecy is about on this upgrade.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, Blade1001 said:

Yes, we’ll have to wait for May to provide a solution.

I got a new 16GB class 10 SD card loaded it with firmware v4.0 and my ultra works as it used to do.

Started to upgrade to v4.14 via web GUI and that also worked today.

Main system

Second system

24 minutes ago, octaviars said:

I got a new 16GB class 10 SD card loaded it with firmware v4.0 and my ultra works as it used to do.

Started to upgrade to v4.14 via web GUI and that also worked today.

Thanks for the heads up, I will try it again tonight. I've been exchanging e-mail with May, who said it was a known issue, so maybe they've fixed it.

No problem @Blade1001

I am at v04.19 now and the next version is v04.22 the one that did not work during the imaging so I will stay at 4.19 and see if May finds out anything regarding what have happened to the SD card.

I feel that the upgrading went faster with the new 16GB SD card even if the original 8GB also was a class 10.

Main system

Second system

I have two SD cards so that when an update comes out I run it on one card only to ensure there are no problems.  If there are I simply swap the cards so I can still listen to music.  After a few weeks of no problems I update the second card so I always have a backup.

The SD cards are cheap enough for this to be a good security measure and I highly recommend it to other users.

1 hour ago, Tommd64 said:

No problems here with V4.22; and no SQ difference as far as I noticed.

Is 4.22 the latest version? 

Main system

Second system
16 hours ago, octaviars said:

No problem @Blade1001

I am at v04.19 now and the next version is v04.22 the one that did not work during the imaging so I will stay at 4.19 and see if May finds out anything regarding what have happened to the SD card.

I feel that the upgrading went faster with the new 16GB SD card even if the original 8GB also was a class 10.

Did you do anything differently to get it to update, correctly, rather than hanging at 88%, or did it just suddenly work?

I take it all these updates are through Eunhasu rather than writing the USB image directly? if so, are the updates incremental then; i.e. you load 4.14 first, then 4.15, then 4.16 and so on, rather than jumping straight to the latest version?

35 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

Did you do anything differently to get it to update, correctly, rather than hanging at 88%, or did it just suddenly work?

No only a new 16Gb class 10 SD card. The updates went faster with this new SD card and proceeded as normal.

36 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

I take it all these updates are through Eunhasu rather than writing the USB image directly? if so, are the updates incremental then; i.e. you load 4.14 first, then 4.15, then 4.16 and so on, rather than jumping straight to the latest version?

Yes via Eunhasu GUI and you begin at 4.0 and then you have to update to each of the firmwares. 

May was going to upload a new 4.22 on their webpage to make a image that works in imageUSB. 

Main system

Second system
On 8/14/2018 at 9:40 AM, octaviars said:

No only a new 16Gb class 10 SD card. The updates went faster with this new SD card and proceeded as normal.

Yes via Eunhasu GUI and you begin at 4.0 and then you have to update to each of the firmwares. 

May was going to upload a new 4.22 on their webpage to make a image that works in imageUSB. 

I tried again a couple of times last night, on both the original 8GB card and my new 32GB card. No luck, both still crash/lock-up at 88% when trying to upgrade to 4.14.

So I’m essentially stuck at 4.0 until Sotm can come up with a solution.

Starting to wish I’d stuck with my Auralic Aries, never had a single problem with firmware updates on that, they just happened automatically in the background.

12 hours ago, Blade1001 said:

I tried again a couple of times last night, on both the original 8GB card and my new 32GB card. No luck, both still crash/lock-up at 88% when trying to upgrade to 4.14.

That is strange. I have talked to another guy here in Sweden and he cant get his Ultra to work at all.

12 hours ago, Blade1001 said:

Starting to wish I’d stuck with my Auralic Aries, never had a single problem with firmware updates on that, they just happened automatically in the background

I also owned a Aries and as you say it just worked but I would not go back as I feel that the Ultra is a better sounding product. 

I hope SOtM can sort this out.

Main system

Second system
On 8/16/2018 at 5:09 AM, octaviars said:

That is strange. I have talked to another guy here in Sweden and he cant get his Ultra to work at all.

I also owned a Aries and as you say it just worked but I would not go back as I feel that the Ultra is a better sounding product. 

I hope SOtM can sort this out.

Finally managed to sort it. SOtM finally put a new version of 4.22 up on the download page, and this wrote to the SD card without an issue. I kind of suspected it would work as this time it was 7.8GB in size, whereas the previous 3-4 times I'd downloaded it, it was 3.9GB which didn't seem large enough.