IGNORED

Let's talk about SOTM SMS-200 ULTRA

So far it sound impressive than the regular SMS-200. However, it is more than double the cost. And i say about 30% improvement over all. 

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

3 hours ago, ClothEars said:

so you could say it's a bit more terrific than the SMS-200.

Yes, that is absolutely correct. and we audiophile never stop to improve. 

in addition, the Ultra need burn-in time for sure. Say about 200-300hrs. i'm 100hrs on that.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

1 hour ago, Lassej said:

I don't use ipad or likewise remote, I use my monitor and mouse connected to the mac mini and still want to do that.

You are using Mac mini as control with keyboard and monitor. is there a reason you don't want to use ipad? since you are a mac guy. 

Good to know, and i bet with 60" the visual effect control must be awesome. cheer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 9V version as well. i can say is not hot at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

I run my ultra 24/7 for 5 days already. it is warm but not hot. and i had come across many other hotter items in audio gears. 

Sound is good. and once again if you had the usbultra please use it. it is a must have for the combo.

Yes, i agree, SPS500 is adding value and sound quality to 200ultra. After that usbultra is the last piece you need.

13 hours ago, mustafakaiser said:

hello I would like to know what power supply do yo use with the 12V version of the SMS200 Ultra? Do you need the SPS 500? I am sorry but I am new to this.

Thanks 

SPS500 can be at 12v as well.

1 hour ago, Lassej said:

The sPS-500 is not the linear type power supply, but we applied the linear regulator circuit for some part, and designed to perform the better audio performance with the special power circuit and the noise reduction technology which we've designed by ourselves for a long based on own technology.

So that is why they call it hybird design.

5 minutes ago, Lassej said:

Yes!
I am still waiting for mine. Want it now!

Mine still at break in. I'm hopping it improve more after 200hrs.

It is an endpoint not a server.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:41 PM, ducatirider said:

What sounds better?  Adding tx-USBUltra to the regular SMS-200  or getting the SMS-200Ultra?

SMS-200ultra

1 hour ago, esimms86 said:

Does that mean that you can convert a 9V to a 12V by essentially doing the reverse?

No it can not.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Lassej said:

Got mine sPS-500 to my 200 Ultra now. But already after 30 minutes listening there are an increased SQ! Better and more exact bass, more transparency...more report will follow after more listening!

Congrats, and mine is getting better and better. I have it run as an NAA feeding through my Custom Server.