IGNORED

Let's talk about SOTM SMS-200 ULTRA

56 minutes ago, beautiful music said:

I didn't find the Qobuz plugin on LMS advanced settings, anyone knows how to run Qobuz on 200Ultra without using Roon

For DLNA/MPD Look at the discussion here :

With LMS, you will have to set Qobuz ON (plus Id and pw) in one of its settings pages. Then you will see it in Squeezelight.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, audiophile911 said:

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but is it possible to connect the sms200 directly to a computer (mac mini in my case which runs my roon core) via ethernet and eliminate the need for a router altogether?  Is there a downside to this?  Alternatively, I would need to place a wireless router in the room and run ethernet from that to the sotm.

Yes that should be possible. I have done it with a NUC and windows10. You should give the sms200 a static (fixed) ethernet address via the eunhasu webpage. The MAC should notice so that Roon can find it. If the MAC does not recognize the sms200 you could try to open the eunhasu webpage  and restart the Roon app on the eunhasu page. If you have 2 ethernet ports on your MAC then you could attach the MAC also to your outside network and then you could try bridging as mentioned by Aggielaw. 

1 hour ago, audiophile911 said:

I could also put an Apple airport express on the audio rack and connect that to my wireless network and the SMS-200 via Ethernet. (Wireless access point).  Is there a sonic downside to connecting wirelessly?

You will have to try that out yourself : I only tested the situation with a Wifi dongle attached to the sms200 USB port, connecting it to my home network. I liked it less than the ethernet cable connection, but there were also reports by some who liked it more than cable. So it is probably system-dependent.