IGNORED

"Go to Artist" and "Go to Album” missing!

Hi, Kirk & Company! I’ve done some snooping on various forums about an issue I’m experiencing with iTunes that I have not had issues with before...

With the latest update of iTunes 12.5.5.5, there is ENORMOUS inconsistency with the availability of the “Go to Artist” and “Go to Album” actions in the “Song” menu. By “enormous inconsistency with the availability” I mean that it is almost always unavailable with no apparent reason. Because I am a “keyboard” person, I find it efficient to create keystrokes in Keyboard Maestro for different menu actions in different apps. I created shortcuts for “Go to Artist” and “Go to Album” in iTunes, but they no longer work because those options aren’t available for the majority of songs—despite the fact that most songs are from artists/albums with more than one song in my library.

I would understand the lack of availability for these functions for tracks that have no other connections, but not with other songs. There is also no rhyme or reason in regards to compilation status or album artist settings. I know it is not an issue with Keyboard Maestro, because “Go to Artist” or “Go to Album” don’t show up as options when I go to access them in the menu (either “Song” or the right-click drop down menu). This is madness!

Please help! Am I missing something? This seems like a really basic (and easy) feature to retain from version to version!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...