IGNORED

‘Get Album Artwork’ for individual track in 12.4

Here's an easy, albeit pedestrian way to import either a single song or an album artwork...

Use Google Images and search for the name of the CD (I've never really searched solely by a song name; I'm sure one can for very popular songs).

Usually, the results offer a variety of JPEG-artwork resolution sizes and some with better clarity than others. I'll look for a good 300x300 JPEG (or, 500x500 I'll reduce to 300x300) and download it to my desktop; I then, use GraphicConverter to make any resolution changes.

Be careful the artwork doesn't have a watermark, as some do. But, if the artwork appears as a downloadable JPEG, I believe it's Ok to download (meaning, no copyright infringement) from what appears to be a bone fide, web source (I do scrutinize the web address from which the JPEG is being downloaded).

Subsequently, do a Cmd+I (Get Info) on the song or the album (in iTunes), go to the Artwork tab and complete a drag & drop (copy - paste) of the downloaded artwork to this Artwork tab and click OK to Save the new artwork. Done. [Note: saving artwork to 1 song, within an album, saves the artwork only to that song. If the objective is to save to all songs, then, do the Get Info on the album.]

One caveat regarding Album artwork... I've noticed when ripping albums to my iTunes Music Library that sometimes the song artwork is not consistent even within the Album if iTunes recognized the CD and auto downloaded the album artwork. ...So, doing the above routine will save good artwork consistently to all songs within the Album.

I don't know the optimal resolution for artwork (for iTunes and Apple TV 4 viewing). [Kirk, please comment.] But, I find the 300x300 resolution works well judging by viewing the artwork via ATV4 Home Sharing on an HDTV.

I've been doing the above for some time now, and I'm pleased with improvements I've made to my Library's album artwork. This manner of importing gives one more control of the end result.

Apple has always used 600x600...

Thank you for the advisory.

Wow, I'm surprised my 300x300 versions of artwork show as good as they do in comparison to albums I've purchased from iTunes, where I've not edited the artwork (and is 600x600). ...I really can't tell the difference when viewing through my ATV4.

Anyway, I'll now look for good 600x600 versions (say, from Album Artwork Exchange), since Google Images seldom has artwork above 500x500, when I'm importing my ripped CDs