IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

Sorry about that, we thought we had it fixed. What "locale" are you using (System preferences / Language & Text / Formats / Region).

You're welcome to email me directly at johnt at jriver dot com so we might be able to get this resolved quickly. Thanks!

Thank's a lot for your help in this

I am at the office when back at home I will search the details you ask for

I must say I have been using happily the last two years JRMC as my player in my dedicated PC for music .It is an Asus laptop connected via USB to a M2tech young DAC to Conrad -Johnson PV10 pre and Bryston 4B ST power to

Vandersteen 2ce old and trusted are the last link

I am happy with the sound and found JRMC an excelent software

For surfing internet and downloading I use an imac in my home desk for confort

Thats the reason I need the downloader to work on Apple platform

Best regards

Tried the OSX version of the new downloader for the first time this morning. (It was downloaded via HDtracks, which I just now noticed was v18.01.08; I've now updated to 18.01.10 via the link posted earlier here.) In any case, it worked flawlessly (no problem with the "@" symbol) and the UI is much nicer than the previous one HDtracks used. Great job!

One bit of weirdness, though: when my download finished and I quit the software, an alert appeared (from the OSX finder) stating that the downloader "quit unexpectedly". Re-launching the downloader and quitting again produced the same alert. This happens with both 18.01.08 and 18.01.10. I'm hoping this isn't a big deal, but it is a little annoying....

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

One bit of weirdness, though: when my download finished and I quit the software, an alert appeared (from the OSX finder) stating that the downloader "quit unexpectedly". Re-launching the downloader and quitting again produced the same alert. This happens with both 18.01.08 and 18.01.10. I'm hoping this isn't a big deal, but it is a little annoying....

Russell

Yes, we've heard of this happening on some OSX systems and are trying to reproduce the problem in our dev environment so we can fix it. Thanks for the report. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.
Tried the OSX version of the new downloader for the first time this morning. (It was downloaded via HDtracks, which I just now noticed was v18.01.08; I've now updated to 18.01.10 via the link posted earlier here.) In any case, it worked flawlessly (no problem with the "@" symbol) and the UI is much nicer than the previous one HDtracks used. Great job!

Russell

Yes, I see that every time as well. I suspect this is something JRiver is already aware of, but happy to provide crash reports if needed.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Yes, we've heard of this happening on some OSX systems and are trying to reproduce the problem in our dev environment so we can fix it. Thanks for the report. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.

Thanks, John. Let me know if you need additional info to help you with your fix.

One more question: if there's an updated version of the downloader when I make another purchase at HDtracks, will it automatically check the existing version on my computer and prompt me to download the latest version? If not, how would we know to keep up to date (other than checking this forum)?

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Thanks, John. Let me know if you need additional info to help you with your fix.

One more question: if there's an updated version of the downloader when I make another purchase at HDtracks, will it automatically check the existing version on my computer and prompt me to download the latest version? If not, how would we know to keep up to date (other than checking this forum)?

Russell

I think we've got the problem with crashing at shutdown solved. The next build will fix it, thanks.

There is an auto-update mechanism built in. Every couple of days, it checks the version at startup time against the current one on the server and installs a new one when available.

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to HD Tracks today for a bit of Beethoven. Haven't been there for about a year. The IP block didn't apply to this offering. HD Tracks were exceedingly efficient at taking my money but the new download manager wouldn't give me my stuff. This app really is a POS. HD Tracks and J River should be ashamed. They are children trying and failing in an adult world of commerce.

Thanks to this forum I was able to access and use the slow download manager. It's not terribly slow but the main thing is that it just works. No reply yet from HD Tracks to my inquiry about how to get my stuff. The matter is now moot because I have managed to obtain what I bought - no thanks to HD Tracks.

That's the last I use HD Tracks. But I will talk at length of their lousy service and rubbish implementation to anyone who will listen. Their lack of professionalism deserves all the exposure it can get.

I know of no other problem like that, so it's possible the install was completed. "Security" software can also sometimes make problems like this.

Here are the direct links:

An updated HDtracks Downloader is available for Windows here:

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader180111.exe

And for OSX here:

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader180111.dmg

Reboot and reinstall.

The new Downloader always checks for any open orders.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

I went back to HD Tracks today for a bit of Beethoven. Haven't been there for about a year. The IP block didn't apply to this offering. HD Tracks were exceedingly efficient at taking my money but the new download manager wouldn't give me my stuff. This app really is a POS. HD Tracks and J River should be ashamed. They are children trying and failing in an adult world of commerce.

Thanks to this forum I was able to access and use the slow download manager. It's not terribly slow but the main thing is that it just works. No reply yet from HD Tracks to my inquiry about how to get my stuff. The matter is now moot because I have managed to obtain what I bought - no thanks to HD Tracks.

That's the last I use HD Tracks. But I will talk at length of their lousy service and rubbish implementation to anyone who will listen. Their lack of professionalism deserves all the exposure it can get.

No problems here with the new download manager, on either Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.8.x. Working great and *much* faster than the old Java-based one.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Don't want to rub salt into the wounds but I'm also having terrible trouble in downloading a 150$ order although I believe the problem is due to my location here in Italy,howerver I had no such problems earlier in 2012, the download manager is stalling or continuously closing

In HD Tracks defence they were very quick to reply to my email,although I'm still waiting for notice of my refund.

Can someone suggest an European site for Hi Def downloads??

Don't want to rub salt into the wounds but I'm also having terrible trouble in downloading a 150$ order although I believe the problem is due to my location here in Italy,howerver I had no such problems earlier in 2012, the download manager is stalling or continuously closing

In HD Tracks defence they were very quick to reply to my email,although I'm still waiting for notice of my refund.

Can someone suggest an European site for Hi Def downloads??

That is almost certainly a rights issue.

It would be nice if you could use a thread that is on the topic of European rights.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

The new HD Tracks Download Manager is a huge improvement for me also. Must faster than before.

-- Mark Block

Mac Mini, Pure Music, iTunes, Lynx Hilo, Merrill Taranis amp, Seta Piccola phono preamp, Phil Jones Platinum Reference One speakers, Sennheiser HD 600 headphones.

• 1 month later...

Well, I downloaded 24/96 Waltz for Debby last night. Took 3 hours, 45 minutes! I'm going with a wired connection for my next download to see if that helps. I've read through threads here and it appears that this is not a rare problem. The night before, it took almost 3 hours to download 24/96 What's Going On. I had downloaded two files last year when I first signed up and each of them took no more than 15 minutes as I recall. Apparently this new download manager was released in response to the problems some were having with the previous Java-based download manager. Computer audio is supposed to be convenient...

*ANTIPODES CX--- Ethernet--->

*CARY DMS-600 STREAMER/DAC---> XLR ICs--->

*CARY SLP-05 preamp (Ultimate Upgrade ed.)---> XLR ICs--->

*CLAYTON M-300 amps--->

*MARTIN LOGAN Spire speakers.

Just downloaded a double album in 24/96 in little over an hour, on a 5MB ADSL line, and I'm not in the US.

I haven't had any problems since the new downloader arrived.

Once bit of advice: I have noticed that if you have a torrent downloader open (even if you aren't actively downloading) it greatly slows the HDT downloads. So I'd make sure you have no torrent clients or other downloaders running at the same time as the HDT software.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)