IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

• 3 weeks later...
That JRiver downloader is pretty good. I bought 7 albums and used it to download them in the wav format. It was fast and even has an auto log on feature.

I've been using the JRiver downloader (Windows version) for my past few HDTracks orders, and it certainly shows potential. Download times are a fraction of that encountered with the default HDTracks software.

Unfortunately, there are some nagging issues. First, none of the downloaded tracks contain the track number in the file name, which is a major pain in the butt. Second, if a track encounters a status of 'Failed' during the download process, it is skipped, and there is no way to retry the download. I've had to contact HDTracks support to receive direct links to download failed tracks, and then have them manually mark the order as completed.

I've mentioned my concerns to the HDTracks support, however, I have no idea if they are logging these comments, as none of my suggestions have ever been acknowledged.

You might try updating the version of the downloader that you are using.

An updated HDtracks Downloader is available for Windows here:

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader180076.exe

And for OSX it's here:

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader180076.dmg

The full history is below.

18.0.76 (11/19/2012)

1. Fixed: ALAC encoded files could fail to play on some iPod models.

2. Fixed: Downloads in AIF format could fail when track filenames had special 'regex' characters in them, such as square brackets.

3. Changed: Version number is now displayed at the bottom left of the Settings window.

18.0.72 (11/12/2012)

1. Changed: Renamed button to "Check For New Downloads", moved it to the leftmost button position.

2. Changed: Added handlers so app. responds to protocol commands while running.

3. Changed: Changed filename extension of temporary downloaded audio files from ".flac_hddownload" to ".track_hddownload".

18.0.68 (11/2/2012)

1. Fixed: Problem where the app would be minimized to the dock when it was launched from a web link.

18.0.67 (11/1/2012)

1. NEW: Added protocol handler so user can click on web link

2. NEW: Selection of desired format (flac, aiff, wav, alac) is done on the web page rather than in the downloader.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

You might try updating the version of the downloader that you are using.

An updated HDtracks Downloader is available for Windows here:

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader180076.exe

And for OSX it's here:

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader180076.dmg

The full history is below.

18.0.76 (11/19/2012)

1. Fixed: ALAC encoded files could fail to play on some iPod models.

2. Fixed: Downloads in AIF format could fail when track filenames had special 'regex' characters in them, such as square brackets.

3. Changed: Version number is now displayed at the bottom left of the Settings window.

18.0.72 (11/12/2012)

1. Changed: Renamed button to "Check For New Downloads", moved it to the leftmost button position.

2. Changed: Added handlers so app. responds to protocol commands while running.

3. Changed: Changed filename extension of temporary downloaded audio files from ".flac_hddownload" to ".track_hddownload".

18.0.68 (11/2/2012)

1. Fixed: Problem where the app would be minimized to the dock when it was launched from a web link.

18.0.67 (11/1/2012)

1. NEW: Added protocol handler so user can click on web link

2. NEW: Selection of desired format (flac, aiff, wav, alac) is done on the web page rather than in the downloader.

Hi;

I am currently using version 18.0.67 (11/1/2012). Do you know if the file name / track # issue has been addressed since then?

For example, if I download a given track using the default HDTracks downloader, I get a file with this naming convention:

1-TrackName.flac

When I download using the JRiver program, I get a file with this naming convention:

TrackName.flac

It would be GREAT if the file name could be prefixed with a two-digit track #, such as this:

01-TrackName.flac

Thanks,

Trevor

I'm not aware of this as a known problem. It's possible that it varies from album to album.

Hi jriver;

I've downloaded approximately 20 albums with the 18.0.67 version of the software, and all files have downloaded without track numbers in the file name. I should note my system is running Windows XP SP3...not sure if that matters.

I believe that this will change in early December, but you could download as FLAC and convert to WAV now. You won't lose anything.

Thanks, just what I am doing. It would be less hassle.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Think the new downloader is great. Solves almost all the issues with the old downloader.

One issue remains - the track file names do not come out numbered, as they previously did.

Just prefer it that way, it is more convenient in some circumstances.

But overall love it, thanks

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I have aldo reported the problem to hdtracks and no response till now

Really an absurd situation as usernames in hdtracks are the email address used to register in the site

Hope this get some attention as I guess is a silly thing

Did you have any luck typing it elsewhere (in a text file like for an e-mail) and then copy/pasting it into the download manager? Perhaps that might give you a good work around until they fix the bug...

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Failed tracks:

People, if the downloader reports a track download has failed, just let it complete all ongoing downloads, then close it and reopen it. It will restart the failed tracks where it left off. A big improvement over the previous downloader.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

One issue remains - the track file names do not come out numbered, as they previously did.

Just prefer it that way, it is more convenient in some circumstances.

There is a new build of the downloader (108) which prefixes the track number to the filenames. The auto-update mechanism checks every few days, so you should get the new version within that time frame.
First thing I tried.Not possible

Thanks for your suggestion

Are there others with same problem?

Happy new year by the way

Sorry about the issues with typing certain characters - the '@' character worked on our systems but it depends on which locale your computer is set to. We've fixed this in the new build (108) which you should get automatically within the next couple of days. The build number is reported on the Settings page in the download manager. Please report if you're still having any issues. Thanks!