IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

Maybe you could go in Control Panel -> java (32 bit) (there should be a Java icon), then select the "Securiy" tab to see if there is already a certificate for HDTracks ? If so, I would suggest that you first delete that certificate. This will force the HDTracks certificate to be reevaluated ?

If it still does not work, you could also choose the "Advanced" tab and check under the "Security" options. Since I haven't encountered this situation, I am not sure about this. I would note the options that are checked/unchecked first and would try each option that would seem appropriate about certificates...

Hope this will help...

Alain

Alain

Yes it is possible to save the app, but I have never tried that option...

Maybe if the OP could say if he have done any download with HDT before ? It could validate the fact that the certificate had changed since ?

Or better have a few print screen of the options I pointed at... ?

Alain

Edit: By the way I always use Firefox (instead of Explorer). I don't think it will help... You never know :-)

Alain

I find that using IE for HD tracks a total mess as you describe.

Google Chrome I know of downloads the hdtracks.jnlp as a normal file. Double click this file and HD tracks manager starts up right away.

Some time ago I researched this issue to fix in IE and it got too hard and complex to find an easy solution. If you keep your JAVA up to date for Win7, and use perhaps any other browser than IE9, you should have better luck.

It's a pain to have two browsers, but I've grown accustomed to Chrome and it's now preferred option. Some apps only work with IE, (CISCO router management software for one), so I can't get rid of it completely.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

There is an issue with the java cache and the HDTracks downloader. Try clearing the cache of your java program. Another tip: try uninstalling Java and reinstalling a fresh download of Java.

The HDT site has an FAQ and a help page with give tips on successful downloading. Unfortunately, they have similar but not exactly the same info. See if anything written there helps you.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Well, I have been using Firefox (10.0.2) on every download I have ever used when downloading music, but being an old fart and a a newbie at all of this computer audio stuff, when I read a few post up about IE. Well I tried it and the download manager from HDTracks downloaded as did the album. PS: I have Jave 6 update 17. IE (9.0.8).

So far so good but the non-assistance from HDTracks leaves a lot to be desired.

The Truth Is Out There

I am happy to see that it worked :-)

Don't ne too hatsh on yourself :-) I have been programming for 15 years... There are so many situations like this one that took me time to solve... And most of the time (if I succeed), I can't explain how I did it, because I try too many things (sometimes it can mess everything also) :-)

Regards,

Alain

edit : I meant "harsh" (the "t" is much too near the "r") ;-)

Alain

• 4 months later...

I am having difficulties for the first time with the HD Tracks Download Manager, after numerous successful downloads.

What is happening is that each time the connection stalls, (almost inevitable, even though my ISP is not blazing fast) instead of resuming from the last complete download, it starts all over from the beginning, and places all the files into a new sub folder labeled "96 kHz".??

So I end up with one sub folder of completed downloads (For Example: My HD Tracks Music / Eric Johnson /Ah Via Musicom/), and on resuming, all files are transferred to a newly created folder (My HD Tracks /Eric Johnson /Ah Via Musicom /96 kHz) starting, again, at the beginning!

The download I am currently working on (sounds absurd) is my first purchase of two records I love, but this is just way too much work.

I have the latest Java version, I just don't think it is a very reliable or speedy download manager. If I can't download the two albums, I really can't see doing any further business until they improve the delivery software.

Exactly I agree on all points!

The HDtracks download manager, even at it's best is very poor....

a) Is very slow

b) Does not recover from re-established network connection.

c) It takes close to 15 minutes to ascertain that it has hung, from the time you first suspect it. Because you have to give the stupid status bar that much to figure out it is not going any where.

Which is kind of sad, because otherwise, Hdtracks is such a fine site. Why does not the hdtracks provide the normal download links which the buyer can use with his own download managers, instead of imposing their own java based DL manager.

Sanjay

Channel classics uses the same Java based manager; so do a couple of other download sites. I think it has something to do with them wanting to manage a separate account for each user that has a record of what you have downloaded and also that is resumable. At least that's the explanation that Channel Classics gave me.

I had a large download from HDT the other night that I accidentally shut down in the middle of download - totally my fault. On resume it also started back from the beginning and placed the files in a folder called 96 Hz. But it downloaded flawlessly there.

In any case I'd write HDT and tell them about the resume problems. It apparently is a new "feature" that they may be able to fix. Don't think it is worth it to complain to them about the Java downloader in general - they seem wedded to it and I don't think they will change.

Last year I had one track in a double album that downloaded corrupted. I requested that HDT allow me to do another download of just that track. Instead, they sent me an email with direct download links for all 25 tracks of the order. So they "can" do direct links. That was good service.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

I had a large download from HDT the other night that I accidentally shut down in the middle of download - totally my fault. On resume it also started back from the beginning and placed the files in a folder called 96 Hz. But it downloaded flawlessly there.

I actually lost sleep over this, it is like returning to the nightmarish days of baby sitting dial up connections being interrupted on a large file download, and on resuming, the entire download starts again.

I managed to get 20 out of 24 tracks fully downloaded before the inevitable break. This is waiting until near midnight when network traffic is down, and updating Java, trying different browsers etc.

In any case I'd write HDT and tell them about the resume problems. It apparently is a new "feature" that they may be able to fix. Don't think it is worth it to complain to them about the Java downloader in general - they seem wedded to it and I don't think they will change.

I have, customer service, to be fair, has been responsive to the matter, if a bit slow. They have re enabled the download with a different order number, but any break in the connection results in resuming from the beginning.

I agree, they are wedded to the software, but a thread like this should prove to them that it is an issue that recurs across OS platforms and network configurations and type of internet connection.

They have certainly improved their selection,(kudos there) which makes the problems incurred worth dealing with, but there are limits to time and patience.

Last year I had one track in a double album that downloaded corrupted. I requested that HDT allow me to do another download of just that track. Instead, they sent me an email with direct download links for all 25 tracks of the order. So they "can" do direct links. That was good service.

I am hoping that I can get the remaining tracks this way. I use a paid software called Internet Download Manager which I have used to download 24 bit audio from an open server, and it works flawlessly.

Also Rhino Records FLAC files seem to download very smoothly on their DM. These two above segment large files and reassemble, and resuming always starts from the last point.

So it can be done, the HDT download manager, even years later, is a sticking point.

Thanks for the response firedog.

Just e mailed this:

I have completely downloaded the Eric Johnson album , but only was able to completely download 9 of 13 tracks of The Beach Boys album.

While I understand that you have multiple customer issues to deal with, (and I appreciate your response) the problem, again, (even after deleting all partial files and folders) is that the HD Tracks Download Manager resumes at the beginning of the download order.

The Eric Johnson album is completed, The Beach Boys album is three quarters completed.

Despite this, the HD Tracks download manager is not acknowledging this,

I simply don't have the time to wait for hours to get the final tracks of The Beach Boys album while a redundant version of Both records downloads again!

I have used other download managers to download 16 and 24 bit FLAC (including one I purchased for my PC for all downloads) and never had an issue with broken connections.

I hope there is some way to retrieve the remaining tracks?

I have been a loyal customer, but this issue is a sticking point for future purchases.

Again, thanks for the attention to the issue.

I also wrote them about the issue of resuming an interrupted download from the beginning - they quickly replied that they are aware that it has become an issue and are "looking into it".

I also wrote them about the issue of resuming an interrupted download from the beginning - they quickly replied that they are aware that it has become an issue and are "looking into it".

Well customer service was attentive through Saturday, and now I am not hearing anything, but I suppose that's because even tech support needs a rest.

Basically, they sent me open server links also, of course, it was Tracks 1-10, when I needed 11,12 and 13.

A quick e mail and apologies with 11,12, and 13.

Of course, the links stalled, connection broke and then I was cut off from downloading on a re try.

Just as an example, this is an amazing audio archive, some recordings in 24 bit.

Steve Kimock Band Live at BB King Blues Club (24bit) on 2004-03-27 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

I downloaded 4 hours of live concerts with my download manager within an hour, 24 bit concert recordings. Problem free, perfect resume capability.

Cost? Free!

It can be done.

Anyway, Firedog, the customer support rep at HD Tracks also said they would pass on the problems in downloading to the "Development Team".

• 2 months later...
Trying to download two albums and having this same issue...download stops...I need to reinitiate and the process starts from the first file....WDW

WDW: After discussion on another thread here, and experimenting with another download, I found the only thing that works is :

1) Close any instances of the down loader and navigate to the download folder "My HD Tracks Music"

2) Delete any partially downloaded file or files

3) Move the remaining files into the root folder labeled "96 kHz" (or 44 kHz)

4) Re open the down loader, it should recognize the point where your last file was broken. Keep in mind that it will start at the first incomplete track, but better than the beginning.

Also J River Media Center software developers are working on an improved version for HD Tracks, you might try it:

JRiver's HDtracks Downloader for Windows -- Available Here (and a 15% coupon)

WDW: After discussion on another thread here, and experimenting with another download, I found the only thing that works is :

1) Close any instances of the down loader and navigate to the download folder "My HD Tracks Music"

2) Delete any partially downloaded file or files

3) Move the remaining files into the root folder labeled "96 kHz" (or 44 kHz)

4) Re open the down loader, it should recognize the point where your last file was broken. Keep in mind that it will start at the first incomplete track, but better than the beginning.

Also J River Media Center software developers are working on an improved version for HD Tracks, you might try it:

JRiver's HDtracks Downloader for Windows -- Available Here (and a 15% coupon)

That did it...many thanks for your help

Cheers,WDW

That JRiver downloader is pretty good. I bought 7 albums and used it to download them in the wav format. It was fast and even has an auto log on feature.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Just tried the Jriver downloader from HDTracks which I downloaded BB King and Clapton 'Riding With the King. Worked great but I wish I had set the downloader to load one song at a time, instead it did 3 at a time and took a little while longer than expected. But overall, Nice.

The Truth Is Out There

Just tried the Jriver downloader from HDTracks which I downloaded BB King and Clapton 'Riding With the King. Worked great but I wish I had set the downloader to load one song at a time, instead it did 3 at a time and took a little while longer than expected. But overall, Nice.
OPPS, just noticed that somehow in Jrivers media center I have two copies of the same song after the download, but in the download manager there is only one. Any idea's ?

The Truth Is Out There

OPPS, just noticed that somehow in Jrivers media center I have two copies of the same song after the download, but in the download manager there is only one. Any idea's ?

Probably our bug. Watch the JRiver forum for an update in the next few days.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hdtracks dloader -6 works a treat. So much better than original ... way, way better. Thanks.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.