IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

I have not had any trouble with the operation of the download manager - I have been able to receive all of the tracks I have purchased relatively quickly - within a matter of minutes.

But there still seems to be an issue, at least for me, with using Safari to make purchases at HDTracks. Safari is my normal browser, and without thinking about it I made another purchase there yesterday. As before, even though I only clicked once to check out, I got double-billed (two consecutively marked invoices emailed; and two identical charges on my credit card).

So my experience has been: every time I use Safari (latest version) I get double billed. If I (remember to) use Firefox, no problem.

(Side note: seems like more and more I am finding websites where Safari doesn't work, or doesn't work as well as Firefox...)

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

Downloaded 2 albums in one continuous download - quick and no problems, and I'm not in the States.

I'm running Windows 64bit and did update Java before doing the download. In order to get the manager to load properly I had to restart my browser. Once I did everything went fine.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Firedog, what browser did you use>

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

I've stated long ago, but I still have the same problem from back then: the download manager won't recognize my ext. drive even though it's shown in the finder.

Completely aggravating. And considering the quality control issues that has been extensively discussed, I'm not buying anything from HDtracks till they address these issues.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Machinehead:

I think I used Firefox 4, but I occasionally use IE9, so I'm not sure. I definitely remember that it wasn't Chrome.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Breadvan, you are absolutely right. It is obvious that either they don't care, or can't fix what is wrong.

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

I strongly suggest you use Paypal with HDTracks which seems to work and has the added benefit of security which if I recall they had a problem with a year or so back.

I also find Paypal easier to get you money back on if you have a dispute which I did with Topspin Media Inc. when trying to buy a high res version of Band On The Run, which they never delivered in a fit state, whilst Top Spin Media Inc. ignored me PayPal just dealt with the matter.

Regarding HDtracks downloading I have had download trouble in the past but I moved to Google Chrome (on a Vista PC) recently and that seems to work out pretty well.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

Kind of surprised to see all these download problems at HDTracks. I've dl'd quite a bit from them on a PC Win XP sp3 with no problems. Also no problems at HDTT and iTrax. Guess I've been lucky. My Mac Mini stays off line and I transfer all my downloads to several different external HD's to use for playback with the Mini.

RMS

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised to see so many folks with the same problems. I've tried to download my purchase on an older PPC G5 iMac, a Windows XP SP3, and a brand new Intel Mac Mini without any success. Downloader seems to recognize my ID and password, finds my order number, starts processing the order, but then...nothing! I've used Opera, Safari, Firefox on all machines and I experience the same problem no matter how I try to download.

HDtracks support is worthless, lots of stock answers and no real solutions. Looks like this is a big problem with their downloader software. I'm done with them!

:-{} Arrrggghhh...

• 4 weeks later...

All very sad and strange given the quality of many of their recordings. HD tracks must be turning over great business so it is also very sad that they have apparently made no attempt to address these problems and seem to have a very low opinion of their customers. In the past I've only got a response from them when I challenged the payment through paypal

I have access to two macs (in the UK), both connected to the same network by Ethernet. On one the downloader launches, I enter password, etc but nothing happens.

On the other mac I do the same and the download proceeds every single time (10 downloads) without a problem! I've checked all the settings to ensure they match - Java, firewall, etc.

So whatever causes this problem should be very simple to fix and can't be due to the isp.

I see many are still having issues with downloads. It's great to see that the incidence of problems has decreased over time. We are in the process of building a new dynamic Download Manager.

We are definitely available to help with download issues.

Here are some troubleshooting tips which hopefully help out.

If your download won't complete it may be because there are partially downloaded files in your album folder. You can delete those and then resume the download. This is the most common error.

If Download Manager does not accept your password, it is because of the Java cache. It can be fixed by erasing the Java cache (control panel/java/cache) or a computer restart. This error occurs sometimes after changing a password.

If your download states that it can't start because there is a problem with the order then contact us. That is a known bug. We will re-enable your download.

If you can't open the JNLP file, then you either do not have Java installed (JRE), or your operating system needs to know it should use Java Web Start to open the JNLP. Right-click and say open with Java Web Start.

Firewalls can also be an issue. Some firewalls such as ZoneAlarm and Comodo may block the Java program from launching.

If you get grainy or choppy sound from recordings, right click and open the properties of the audio file. Check to see that your audio interface or DAC is compatible with the sample rate.

Any other issues or concerns feel free to contact us.

We're here to make sure you have access to these awesome recordings.

Graham

HDtracks

Hey everybody!

I am happy to report that this morning I downloaded 3 albums from hdtracks. While I really haven't had any issues to complain aboutup to now, their download speed was always kind of slow. I am happy to announce that I downloaded 3 flac albums (2 96/24 and 1 48/24) in less time than it use to take 1 album. I have not changed anything in my system so I can only assume that hdtracks has improved their download equipment!

I have the same problem as edgar007. Mac at work hdtracks downloader works. Mac at home it doesnt. Both run snow leapard and both have latest mac java update. At home I boot my mac into windows download my purchase, copy to usb drive, boot back to mac and copy from usb drive and use max to add flac to itunes. Sure wish they had a better download manager.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I've had nothing but problems using the HDTracks Download manager. I'm using a Macbook Pro, OS 10.6.8 with the latest version of Java, WiFi connection, and I have to restart downloads *multiple* times per album. Just this last weekend I bought the Buena Vista Social Club release and had to stop and start the download manager literally 12 times. It took me two full days of trying to get the entire album downloaded.

These problems are inexcusable and should not be something the customer has to deal with. I don't have these problems with the Linn Records download site.

I've written to HDTracks about it three times to no avail.

Digital: Mac Mini/Roon Core/Optical Module->long run of fiber->EtherREGEN->SOtM UltraNeo->Schiit Gumby DAC. Shunyata Sigma Ethernet/Alpha USB Amplification: First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 preamp, LP70S amp Speakers: Harbeth 30.2/Power/Cables: Shunyata Everest 8000, Shunyata Sigma XC and NR, Alpha XC and NR, & Venom 14 Digital PCs, Alpha V2 ICs and SPs.  

downloaded many albums from HDTracks and never had a problem. In fact it has been one of the easiest downloads sites to use for me. MacBook, latest version of OSX, using an Airport Express based wifi network.

Perhaps your network has problems? Maybe interference from an adjacent channel or... (I am not a network expert)

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

So Chris, could it be what each person has his or her DNS set to on their router or computer?

Chris,

What is S3?

Some of us are working on Macs, does S3 apply?

Digital: Mac Mini/Roon Core/Optical Module->long run of fiber->EtherREGEN->SOtM UltraNeo->Schiit Gumby DAC. Shunyata Sigma Ethernet/Alpha USB Amplification: First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 preamp, LP70S amp Speakers: Harbeth 30.2/Power/Cables: Shunyata Everest 8000, Shunyata Sigma XC and NR, Alpha XC and NR, & Venom 14 Digital PCs, Alpha V2 ICs and SPs.  

Hi HDTracksguy,

Welcome to CA!

I would love to hear your response to the issues about Hi-Res "scandal" and HDTracks position.

Downloader works like a charm for me.

Auctioneer: How much do I hear?[br]Audience member: That\'s metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?[br] — The Firesign Theatre, [br] Don\'t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys - I just purchased and downloaded two 24/96 albums from HDtracks. I'm using a new install of OS X Lion 10.7. When launching the download manager I was asked to install the new version of Java from Apple. I selected Install and a few minutes later my music was downloading to my desktop.

No issues whatsoever with Lion and the HDtracks download manager.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I might actually try it again. I have Lion, and its been over a year since

I tried HD Tracks, with lots of pain.

I have noticed Lion tends to automatically streamline things, like logging into a

free wifi spot automatically without having to open an new tab, etc. Maybe it will help.

• 1 month later...

And it worked perfectly. Download was fast.

I did have one problem about a month ago-the download manager wouldn't open - some sort of Java problem.

I looked in the FAQ/help at the HDT site, and followed directions: cleared cache files in java, downloaded the latest java and installed it.

After that it worked fine.

• 5 months later...

I just purchased a album from HDtracks, and the download manager will not download. I have latest Java 6 and I'm using Win-7.

When I attempt to download the "HD Downloader" Java Reports the applications digital signature has been verified. Do you want to run the application ?

I note Yes

Then this error is reported;

Failed to validate certificate. The application will not be executed.

I sent HD an email, twice and NO response. ON HDtracks is shows my Album download waiting to resume.

Any idea's

The Truth Is Out There