IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

I cannot get their Download Manager to accept my password to save my life. Everything they've told me to try does not work. Frustrated...

During my latest purchases (made a few weeks ago), I also had the problem that the download manager requested the password at the end of the download of the entire order, but the password was not accepted.

However the download had gone fine, and at the next purchase no album I had puchased before was downloaded again, although I had removed the files from download folder, so this glitch didn't have any negative consequences.

Claude

Different countries have different VAT percentages. VPNing into a different country to download is tax fraud.

It depends on how VAT is applied on digital goods (downloads or streams), which can be different from the rules on physical goods. I'm no tax expert, but in the EU until recently the VAT of the country of the server was applied, not the VAT of the country of the customer.

Claude

I cannot get their Download Manager to accept my password to save my life. Everything they've told me to try does not work. Frustrated...

Case matters. Probably for both user name and password.

Try having their system e-mail you your password. Then copy and paste it.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

If I fly to the USA, and take my computer with me, the purchase is legal. With a VPN, I save the cost of the airfare, still buying product with money, not stealing or torrent methods.

No.

If you're outside the US, you have to pay for customs. I recently ordered items valued $150.- plus shipping from the US, when they arrived I had to pay another $30.- for customs and taxes on delivery.

Same with more valuable items. When I purchased a guitar from the US, the additional customs payment was around $600. A computer purchase from abroad would be in the same range.

Apple computers are so much more expensive in Europe mainly because VAT is so much higher. You can avoid taxes by going to the US, buying a computer, and claiming you brought it with you to the US on the way back. It's still tax fraud.

As for music downloads: in the iTunes store, you can only buy in the US if your account is attached to a US credit card. So if I travel to the US, I can still purchase music, but only from the Irish iTunes store, because that's where my credit card is. If I had a US credit card, I would be able to legitimately purchase from the US iTunes store from anywhere in the world, because the credit card would identify me as a US citizen.

It depends on how VAT is applied on digital goods (downloads or streams), which can be different from the rules on physical goods. I'm no tax expert, but in the EU until recently the VAT of the country of the server was applied, not the VAT of the country of the customer.

To take the iTunes store as an example:

From Apple Help - Payment, Financing, Refunds and VAT - Apple Store (Republic of Ireland)

"Why do I pay 23 percent VAT on Electronic Software Download orders and other products which are classified as services?

The VAT rate for Apple customers who purchase Electronic Software Downloads or other Apple products which are classified as services under EU VAT law will be 23 percent Irish VAT. This is because the place of supply of these products under EU VAT law is Ireland as the country from where Apple Distribution International makes these supplies."

have you actually purchased an album?

I had the same problem with Acoustic Sounds and they told me that if your account has nothing to download that will be the result.

If you buy an album and still can't get the downloader to work, I'd fully uninstall it (including downloads file folder) and try again. Or open a second account and try again.

If you really can't get it to work, send them an email with the order number and they will send you direct dowload links.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

During my latest purchases (made a few weeks ago), I also had the problem that the download manager requested the password at the end of the download of the entire order, but the password was not accepted.

However the download had gone fine, and at the next purchase no album I had puchased before was downloaded again, although I had removed the files from download folder, so this glitch didn't have any negative consequences.

Nope, nothing downloaded.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

Case matters. Probably for both user name and password.

Try having their system e-mail you your password. Then copy and paste it.

I'll try having them email my password since it does have a mix of upper and lower case. That said, it works correctly when logging into the site.

have you actually purchased an album?

I had the same problem with Acoustic Sounds and they told me that if your account has nothing to download that will be the result.

If you buy an album and still can't get the downloader to work, I'd fully uninstall it (including downloads file folder) and try again. Or open a second account and try again.

If you really can't get it to work, send them an email with the order number and they will send you direct dowload links.

Yup. They charged me $18 for the Pizza Tapes.

I fully uninstalled it cleared cache and everything. Tried the link they gave me for the DLmgr. They recommended trying a different browser so I installed Chrome (use Safari on my Mac Mini). Nothing has worked. Waiting to hear back from them again.

I bought a handful of titles in the past on my 8 year old iMac and never had any issues. The brand new MacMini doesn't like it - maybe something to do with Mavericks?

Bill

like I said, send them the order number and ask for direct links so you can download the album that way

Yup. They charged me $18 for the Pizza Tapes.

I fully uninstalled it cleared cache and everything. Tried the link they gave me for the DLmgr. They recommended trying a different browser so I installed Chrome (use Safari on my Mac Mini). Nothing has worked. Waiting to hear back from them again.

I bought a handful of titles in the past on my 8 year old iMac and never had any issues. The brand new MacMini doesn't like it - maybe something to do with Mavericks?

Bill

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)