IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

Last night and earlier today, I have "successfully" purchased and downloaded 3 or 4 albums from HDTracks.

I have been happy as a clam listening to the music - excellent. And although the download system seemed clunky at best, it seemed to work.

I didn't really pay any attention to the emails I was getting from the site until around noon today when I was cleaning up my inbox.

What I discovered, unfortunately, is that for each of the orders I placed, it was doubled (even though I clicked check out only once) - for example, I ordered Rolling Stones, High Tides and Green Grass. The website assigned two consecutively numbered orders for the one disc, and charged my credit card twice. Same thing for all three orders I placed (and for the order where I ordered two albums at once, it charged me twice for both of them). Just confirmed with my bank online.

I have written to the webmaster using the (again very clunky) email form - but have not heard a peep. And no phone number (though I just saw one now above). I will try that next.

I came across this thread by searching on the web for HDTracks credit card problems...

Just from reading through quickly, it appears they could really use a LOT of help with their website and the customer experience. If I had read this thread first, I very well might not have made a purchase there in the first place, despite some of the great selections they have.

I DON'T suspect them of trying to scam me - I suspect its a software problem. But frustrating as heck anyhow. I am going to remove account for the time being until I can get this cleared up. Doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about the security of my information.

I am using Mac OS 10, latest build of Safari (seems the site may not like Macs or Safari).

Anybody else experience this?

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

the RS "Big Hits, High Tides" and "Through the Past Darkly" that I purchased (although so far paying twice for) are in heavy rotation here right now. These are couple of the best 60's "best ofs" that have ever been issued, and these versions sound great!

I have to laugh thinking back... in junior high, I was in a band and we tried covering most of these songs... some were easy... but still, great memories. I can vividly remember my (now) wife sitting stage side (in the cafeteria) while we played. I noticed her, but didn't really know her then. We actually didn't start dating until 2 or 3 years later.

That's one thing I LOVE about music. A certain song can bring me right back to a time/place with exacting detail.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

Never was able to speak to a soul... and I called the number during business hours about 10 times and listened to the friendly lady say that would call me back right away... but received an email today that the double charges to my credit card that occurred (just about a hundred bucks worth) were being credited.

So, creaky, not very responsive, not very customer friendly interface... but results, I think.

Perhaps this is a good example of good product, but poor execution in delivering and responding to customer problems?

I have not had any trouble with the operation of the download manager - I have been able to receive all of the tracks I have purchased relatively quickly - within a matter of minutes.

But there still seems to be an issue, at least for me, with using Safari to make purchases at HDTracks. Safari is my normal browser, and without thinking about it I made another purchase there yesterday. As before, even though I only clicked once to check out, I got double-billed (two consecutively marked invoices emailed; and two identical charges on my credit card).

So my experience has been: every time I use Safari (latest version) I get double billed. If I (remember to) use Firefox, no problem.

(Side note: seems like more and more I am finding websites where Safari doesn't work, or doesn't work as well as Firefox...)