IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

Hmm. Make sure you've updated to the newest version of Java via Mac Software Update. Also you can ajdust some of the Java settings in the utilities folder (within the applications folder).

This sounds like something that has come up a few times here before. Hopefully others will chime in here.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys - I just purchased a 24/96 album and the download manager is working perfect for me. I have the newest version of Mac OS X and all the updates from the built-in Software Update app. As an FYI for some people who may have missed it here is the message HDtracks displays on the download page.

"Thank you for using HDtracks.com. The Download Manager will launch and your music will automatically start downloading.

If for some reason your download doesn't start, click Here for Windows, or Here for Mac to upgrade your Java version. Please note that there is a bug in Java 1.6.0_14 and 1.6.0_15 that disables the download manager. If you have these versions, please update to the latest version."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Macgee - Sorry to hear about your experience. One thing I've found when using contact forms on other website is to avoid putting links in the form. Web software can be setup to reject all incoming messages with links because that's a trademark of spammers. I'm not sure if you tried to send them a link to anything, but if you did I suggest sending the message without a link.

Just a thought.

Hi Guys - I just talked to HDtracks on the phone. This topic did come up in the conversation. I can assure you the people at HDtracks really do take this serious.

The HDtracks office is buzzing today because of the new catalogs just announced. High resolution music from the Concord Group, Stax, Hear Music, Prestige, Heads Up etc... Plus, more great stuff coming in the next couple weeks. They said new music from these labels will be added continuously.

Note: HDTracks had nothing to do with me posting this info. I'm excited about it and want to let everyone know. Plus, I think people should know HDtracks is listening to customers and is aware of the issues discusses above. Could they communicate with customers a bit better? Certainly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information.

Whenever I read about these issues on the site I always talk directly with HDtracks about them.

Your system should work perfect with the download manager. Speaking of the download manager, I can assure you HDtracks has to satisfy all the big labels and the download manager satisfies some requirements. It has to do specific things foe security of the content etc... Trust me HDtracks would like things to be as easy as possible for everyone.

That said, have you checked your OS X log for any telltale signs of a problem during the download?

It may also have something to do with HDtracks use of Amazon S3 to store and distribute files behind the scenes. S3 is an awesome way to do things, in fact all the images/videos/audio here on CA use S3 & Cloudfront, but I wonder if it has something to do with download issues once in a while from HDtracks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the trouble downloading rom HDtracks issue but I want to mention it just incase.

A couple weeks ago I purchased a 1.5 GB movie through iTunes and the download said it would take 47 hours. I new something was not right because it has worked very well in the past. After some research I found the problem was with my DNS. I was using google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). As soon as I changed this to the Comcast DNS server my download completed in less than 10 minutes.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys - I just purchased and downloaded two 24/96 albums from HDtracks. I'm using a new install of OS X Lion 10.7. When launching the download manager I was asked to install the new version of Java from Apple. I selected Install and a few minutes later my music was downloading to my desktop.

No issues whatsoever with Lion and the HDtracks download manager.

• 7 months later...