IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

am sorry to hear of those people having problems with HDtracks downloads, and I hope that eventually HDtracks will reconfigure their system to provide a better experience for all. But, I think it is important to point out that the experiences shared in this thread are not the norm-reading this thread, a person with no experience with HDtracks might get the idea that it is difficult, or even impossible, to download music from HDtracks without problems.

I am no computer genius, in fact, I am often quite at a loss when dealing with any kind of computer issues. That said, I have downloaded quite a few 24/96 titles from HDtracks, without any difficulty whatsoever. I start the download, and the files end up in my HDtracks music folder without any problems. I have never had a problem downloading from HDtracks.

I use a MacBook, running the latest version of OSX, and the internet connection is provided by Comcast. The network is wireless, running from a single Airport Express.

I am not making excuses for HDtracks, it is clear that some people are having problems, and these need to be addressed. I am posting here to try and provide some balance to this thread. I would also point out that there is no real risk involved with purchasing from HDtracks, as in the event of any kind of problem, your credit card company can always reclaim your funds.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

So what is the problem? Why wouldn't you just download The Koln Concert to your internal drive, to the "My HDtracks Music" folder, and then manually move it to your external drive once the download is complete? What is the big deal?

I do not even have high speed internet at home, and use my laptop to download files from HDtracks at friends' homes. Then I convert the files to aiff (using MAX) for use in my system, and move them to the Oyen Minipro drive I store my library on. These are just files, and are easy to move anywhere you would like them to be once downloaded.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 7 months later...

downloaded many albums from HDTracks and never had a problem. In fact it has been one of the easiest downloads sites to use for me. MacBook, latest version of OSX, using an Airport Express based wifi network.

Perhaps your network has problems? Maybe interference from an adjacent channel or... (I am not a network expert)

SONORE computer audio