IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

The saga continues, 4 hours with only one 24/96 track, OK, make it one and a half, and that is today, which means none of the concerns mentioned above have been attended to.

With all these negative user experience, to me at least, it is almost certain that the problem lies with HDTracks and not users not knowing how to install the latest java, different OS, browsers and what not. The download, or more precisely, the download speed is horrible and embarrassing for a company that survives partly on bandwidth, 4 hours with around 200MB? Come on HDTracks, don’t blame the outside world or inexperienced users please!

Great product but bad service is what I can sum up with, and I have recommended so many times to my friends to try HDTracks out, OMG ;(

Updates: I left my office with the download manager marching on, returned home and started another instance to see if it makes any difference and yes it did, as slow as it was, two 24/96 albums were downloaded in about 8 hours. When I got back to my office this morning, the manager was frozen.

Interesting thing is my office connection is soooo much faster than that at home and can download a 94MB x64 iTunes in under 15 seconds !

Hi Chris,

I am from Hong Kong, excited about highres download but still think if HDTracks is in a business that heavily dependent upon bandwidth, they should do something about it, as reflected by other comments other than mine. Otherwise HDTracks’ highres music collection is second to none in my opinion.

Raymond

• 5 months later...

couldn't help but noticing the continual problems listed here, so may be a premature conclusion .. ongoing issues with little progress ?

I believe HDTracks faces the same technical challenges as other online download stores, but my experience with say Linn was just light years ahead, of course, some would say it is my problem, not HDTracks .... Again it is a real pity, with the excellent catalogues that it has.

• 5 months later...