IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

I too have had problems with the Download manager. It won't recognize my ext. fw drive where store my music. Spent at least a week with emails with HD Tracks, and they had no idea what was causing it or fixes. I had to use my G5 running Tiger as I simply put it on it's internal drive....then I copied that over to my fw drive. I was using a Macbook Pro, Snow Leopard, all updated software incl java and a very good wireless connection. I won't be using HD Tracks again till they fix or eliminate the DL manager.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

HDTracks eliminated firewalls, java (I copied and emailed them the java commands once the Downloader was opened) and no matter what, the Downloader never recognized my ext. fw drive. I agree, this shouldn't be rocket science, it's just downloading a file for goodness sake.... And the fact that so many of us are continuously having problems that HD Tracks apparently doesn't seem to care to address concerns me. Just my opinion.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a trip to find Keith Jarretts Koln Concert now available at 24/96. I really want this, but I still haven't gotten any resolution to my earlier posted problems, dated last Oct. :

"I too have had problems with the Download manager. It won't recognize my ext. fw drive where store my music. Spent at least a week with emails with HD Tracks, and they had no idea what was causing it or fixes. I had to use my G5 running Tiger as I simply put it on it's internal drive....then I copied that over to my fw drive. I was using a Macbook Pro, Snow Leopard, all updated software incl java and a very good wireless connection. I won't be using HD Tracks again till they fix or eliminate the DL manager."

I too don't like a 'negative' thread, but facts are facts. HDTracks have multiple users with different problems. And they don't seem to care to take the time to fix them. And I so want to download that Jarrett album.

Hi Barrows. You bring up a good point.

But I'm using a small ssd as my internal hd. I've been told by several people, incl. the very nice fellow at PMusic, that I should not put my music files on my int. hd because unlike a spinning drive, you can't 'defrag' a ssd. So you have to fill the entire ssd first before it recycles to a 'clean' drive. And ssd only have X amount of times it can 'recycle' (my term). So to extend the life and speed of a ssd, it's best not to put anything on it except my OS.

That's why I'm not using My HDtracks Folder as a temp place to put downloads before I can put them onto my ext. drive. As well, several emails from the guys at HDtracks told me the ext. drive "should show up". It doesn't.

So this is my reasoning, based on people who know a lot more about computers and ssd's than I.

• 3 months later...

I've stated long ago, but I still have the same problem from back then: the download manager won't recognize my ext. drive even though it's shown in the finder.

Completely aggravating. And considering the quality control issues that has been extensively discussed, I'm not buying anything from HDtracks till they address these issues.