IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

HD tracks may not be great, I find it pretty OK but clearly others don't, but Topspin Media Inc, the lot I bought the high Res Band On The Run from, are in a different league of complete incompetence...

The first download failed, 4 days later they sent a second link to a file that also failed, today I have been a links to a bunch of separate .wav files. (I guess these won't have any metadata)

I have not tried these yet as each of the previous links took 6 hours to download which is a new record for slowness...

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

• 4 months later...

I strongly suggest you use Paypal with HDTracks which seems to work and has the added benefit of security which if I recall they had a problem with a year or so back.

I also find Paypal easier to get you money back on if you have a dispute which I did with Topspin Media Inc. when trying to buy a high res version of Band On The Run, which they never delivered in a fit state, whilst Top Spin Media Inc. ignored me PayPal just dealt with the matter.

Regarding HDtracks downloading I have had download trouble in the past but I moved to Google Chrome (on a Vista PC) recently and that seems to work out pretty well.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers