IGNORED

"Shared library "Cloud Music Library" is not responding..."

Anyone else out there having this weirdness, over the last 24 hours? A trip around the inter webs shows that the iTunes store was down and funky for many users yesterday and today, and Apple acknowledged this issue, with its error message, was being worked on. But supposedly it has been fixed. Well, not for me, it hasn’t. My cloud music works even less well than usual, and I now have several hundred tracks which are now grayed and "error"-displaying. There must be some sort of connectivity problem to my external drive, where all music files are located, although everything else works OK for about 99.9% of my library. And "shared library 'Cloud music library' "? I don't do library home sharing and that's not the title I have given to my library.

[ATTACH=full]53[/ATTACH]

There are many inquiries about this at Apples Support Communities, as well as the usual Apple-oriented blogs around the net. Most all of them claim that Apple acknowledged the issue & temporarily took the iTunes Store down but has now fixed this, but it continues for me, AND, each time I take a look at my library, more tracks are showing "error". Some of them were originally iTunes Store purchases, some of them were cd's I ripped, there seems to be no consistency of the tracks which are going bad. I did a smart playlist with "iCloud status - is - error" and am now up to 521 tracks, it started out around 30-40 last night. Is it time for frustrated iTunes users to grab the torches and pitchforks and march on Cupertino?! :mad:

I've got this today, for the first time ever. I'm ignoring it, on the assumption that Apple will fix it very soon. The reference to a firewall blocking port 443 is simply bogus and misleading, whatever the actual cause of the problem.

Yeah, although I haven't gotten that bizarre message for more than 24 hours, I spent a big chunk of yesterday repairing my "error" tracks, they still reside safe and sound in my external drive, but after trial and error, I found that just moving them back into iTunes from my drive seemed to work, as I could then delete the duplicated "error" tracks altogether. But then after I had gotten the error-tracks down to zero, a few dozen reappeared, then they vanished again, with iTunes doing its normal cloud music updates. Very strange. One thing for sure - Kirk's leeriness of cloud music-ing altogether strikes a chord here; whatever one chooses to do with cloud-ing and streaming, it's imperative to have hard copies locally, with multiple backups!

Btw, in order to identify the error tracks I created a smart playlist, "iCloud status - is - error" and "media kind - is - music", which displayed them fine, but if I take out the "media kind" rule, I see a whole lot of stuff that shouldn’t be there - years-old podcasts, audio books read ages ago, etc. They are un-deleteable (grayed) but I don't have any idea why they are there in the first place, I ONLY do podcasts on phone, haven't had them on the iMac since syncing such things became unnecessary. Does anyone have any idea why they are there and how to get rid of them? I guess they are not taking up any space but I'm a little OCD about such things & like to keep all metadata and files clean and up to date....