IGNORED

dotted clouds not uploading

Hi,

I am an iTunes Match subscriber and I recently uploaded some mp3 to my iTunes library, 8 in total. Four of them still have dotted clouds and are sat waiting to upload. I have tried to Update Apple Music Library, but they still won't upload. How long can or should it take?

Best wishes

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. I wonder if ISPs are filtering certain IP addresses that belong to Apple. I had satellite internet for a while, and I was getting very low downloads from Apple but higher speeds from most other sites; I'm sure the satellite company was throttling traffic from Apple.

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

Don't think this is related, but *none* of my iTunes Match music was updating on the one Mac I use for iTunes Match. It was all "Waiting". The iPhone was fine. Sometime prior to iTunes 12.1 (or so) all had been well. After some time, I noticed all I was seeing on this Mac was the 4500 local song and nothing from iTunes Match (I really don't listen to iTunes on a computer, only on portable devices and a Logitech Squeezebox). After much experimentation with iTunes library & prefs files, new Library and new User, I used Personal Hotspot on the iPhone to get a new network... after some thinking time, iTunes Match came back on and all well again - apart from the usual Duplicates and Errors and other long standing problems with various songs and albums.

Checked the router, added port 5223 to the firewall and all well again on my home network. Had been experimenting with opening a port for FileMaker access from the outside (around the iTunes 12.1 time!) and seem to have shot myself in the foot.

So, goes to show there could be problems outside iTunes itself.

ttfn, gkc.

• 3 months later...

Have been working on lots of my own tracks that are "waiting" to get to iTM also. If you persist, they might change from "waiting" to "Error". Which might be workable. The point about converting tracks to another format is not the other format in particular, but that you get a new file out of it, hopefully free of internal errors. Rather like doing a "Save as..." on a troublesome Word doc.

Although it did not work for bazcurtis it has worked for others. Dan Moren reported on this back in 2011, an article I found just yesterday:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1163675/how_to_fix_itunes_match_error_tracks.html