IGNORED

Artist Albums sorting on iPhone6 by year and not alphabetically...and other issues

Hello,

This is a cut and paste of someone experiencing the same problem as me, but can describe it better:

"

First of all, there are some artists in my library with many albums. Formerly, accessing those artist's albums was easy. You would click on the artist tab, go to the artist and it would show a list of the albums. Then, you could choose an album and go right to those songs. Now, this has completely changed. Now, there's no longer an albums view under artists. You have to scroll song by song to get to the newer releases.

For instance, I'm a huge fan of Pearl Jam and have 60 albums of theirs (9 studio, the rest all live records). Now, to get to the latest, I have to spend 30 seconds scrolling all the way down the list. That's not efficient at all. The way it was before — you get a list of albums once you click on the artist, then click on an album to get the songs — should never have been changed.

Second, these albums sort by year and not alphabetically. "

I am experiencing all the same problems, I am most frustrated with artist albums not being in alphabetical order (by year instead), albums listed with all songs (instead of just an album) and having to scroll through each song to get to the next album and how each album plays in order and does not end at the last song.

I too have many albums by the same artist and am a bit of a "collector" and have spent many hours naming and organizing all the music (albums, names, artists, etc) in iTunes so it is in order when I put it on my iphone6. The music app has rendered all this work useless.

Here are my questions:

-Did anyone have a solution for these by changing something in iTunes or was it simply to download another app?

-What if I highlighted all songs/albums by an artist, and manually deleted the year (that is being used to sort).

-Would this force them to be in alphabetical order? If all songs/albums have no year will it default to alphabetical order?

-Can I highlight more than one song with different years and change them all to have no year listed (a blank spot where year would be)? If so, could I do this to all songs in my iTunes so they can be listed in alphabetical order when load don to my iphone? If so, could I do this to every song on my iPhone too so it updates this way?

Thanks!

Here are some screenshots of my iPhone music section showing how albums are not in alphabetical order, but rather by year. You will see that some of the years are different depending on when something was bought or downloaded, and even if it is the same name, the year is making it list separately from other discs in the same album.

[ATTACH=full]25[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]26[/ATTACH]

ugh - i can't find an answer/solution anywhere for this. i hate to think that apple or an apple update is my long shot solution...

even if i manually delete each year that is sorting the albums, it still will continue this way? if all albums have no year, will they default to alphabetical order?

• 5 weeks later...